Topic: Monoblack Devotion 2.0

http://deckbox.org/sets/608600

Looking for comments. I added 2 Born of the Gods cards.

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Re: Monoblack Devotion 2.0

I can't help but think that Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx might be a worthwhile inclusion.

sk00gle wrote:

I can't help but think that Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx might be a worthwhile inclusion.

Isn't that 99% of being a devotion deck?

For one, just look at the pro-lists for this one... trying to invent the same thing yourself is silly.

That being said, I think it would be better to have Devour Flesh in your SB over Pharika's Cure.  You have Drown in Sorrow to deal with aggro decks, so Cure is redundant... but by adding in Devour it lets you have at least one possible answer to Blood Baron of Vizkopa (who will single-handedly beat MBD).

Given the current make-up of the deck, there isn't much point in running Nykthos.  Now if you wanted to actually deviate from the pro-list into some less conventional, but potentially more powerful/backbreaking plays, then you would go that route... but at current, there's no need.

the consensus is that bile blight replaces pharika's cure, you can't really replace devour flesh as long as blood baron is in the format, you have no other way to interact with him (once he hits the board) an it's /autolose, if he hits the board while you have no devour flesh mainboard.

Also, a 1 of nykthos shrine to nyx, is fine, i wouldn't run 4,  the deck can benefit sometimes from extra mana, but you don't want to miss out on black mana because you drew 2 vaults  and 2 nykthos in your opener... I've been running one for a while in mine and i find I like it just enough to keep it.

I think 1-2 gild in the side could be beneficial.  Straight exiling any creature for 4 is pretty decent removal especially against, GR with the gods.

Last edited by elpablo (2014-02-24 14:07:47)