Topic: Some Good Times - Land Hate in Standard

So I saw someone running a version of this at gameday and found it to be rather comical, and surprisingly potent - I watched it single-handedly dismantle both Selesnya aggro and Jund midrange.  So I decided to tweak and actually build in a few win-cons.  I'm open for peoples' thoughts.

The deck is available here: http://deckbox.org/sets/628705

First off, I know this isn't tier 1 by any stretch of any imagination.  This is an FNM deck that can be run for a bit of fun here or there.

Second, for whatever reason I'm absolutely intent on trying to make Kiora, the Crashing Wave and Kiora's Follower work in something and this strikes me as of good a place as any.

Third, the splash of blue gives some card draw in Divination, Kiora (one win con), Kiora's Follower possible added ramp or untaps of various things ranging from Zhur-taa Druid to attackers allowing me to keep the lands up, and Cyclonic Rift (overloaded this card is HILARIOUS especially when the opponent doesn't have any land left).

So, what I'm I looking for input on? 

First, I'm curious if I should tweak things to raise the curve a bit (or conversely whether I should cut some lands).  The current setup has so many mana dorks AND 24 lands, meaning that I'm flooding out more than I am coming up short.  Perhaps something else gimmicky like Borborygmos Enraged would work?

Second, I'm not entirely sure on the sideboard beyond Peak Eruption and Aetherize I'm sort of just stabbing in the dark at the moment.  I could do a closer look at the current meta and whatnot, but, to be honest I didn't want to put THAT much effort at the moment.  I'm normally pretty good at this, but this is such a different strategy than I've ever even thought about... anywhom, any input is welcome.

Before we immediately dismiss the deck, consider that I can be destroying land as early as T3, meaning that the opponent will seldom get above two mana and it can LOCK THEM OUT - I can only imagine how many people have sworn me out on Untap as I've been tinkering with this thing - that is to say this thing is crazy fun to play and quite funny when it works.

Re: Some Good Times - Land Hate in Standard

If you're getting mana flooded and can fit in colorless lands you could always run a man land or Encroaching Wastes.

Ember swallower!
but anywho
i mean kiora is a good win con for anything w/ the U/G Combo in mana
as far as land, ...mutavault, Thespian's Stage encroaching wastes high cost but a shock destructer
maybe if u cut out the mystics and add ember swallowers... ur lossing ur 1 drop but mutavault can fill his spot also emberswallower helps ur 2-3-4-5-7 curve

i like the sideboard Ral is good for helping to tap them out and keep u open to block if need be...
the peak eruption im questioning, but if boros is heavy at ur place keep it if not maybe -1 and +1 Simic Charm or Aetherling
Aetherling is by far ur best win con(aside from Kiora) so the 2of would just be to help the draw
but keeping them off of land being able to bounce a creature/+3 or hexproof all ur crap is a great utility

i like the build the nessian is questionable, so what about stormbreath in its place... i think ur dorks+mana combo more than good enough to handle him smile

My reasoning for not doing any of the colorless lands is because three-color in standard is already slow enough with the temples... the last thing you want is to get stuck short on one color.  Sure, Sylvan Caryatid and Frenzied Tilling can both help fix the colors, I'd rather not run into issues with colorless.  That's not to say that Mutavault wouldn't work here, but personally I'd prefer the more stable color base rather than the 2/2.

Ember Swallower should go in here and I just need to figure out where it fits (SB or main)... I'll have to think about what goes in that spot.  The four is pretty crowded with Bramblecrush, Demolish, and Kiora, the Crashing Wave but I can give it a go and see what it does.

I dig the mystics though as they REALLY help speed the curve.  A t3 Frenzied Tilling is SUCH a tempo boost.  The Primeval Bounty also makes it so that they're not dead cards later on.

Ral is in the SB to give some damage power and added ramp effects... It would also be hilarious to get him to ultimate, but unlikely.

Peak Eruption is a GREAT sb card as I can slide it in against any red deck in place of Demolish to get even CHEAPER land hate, while also doing damage.  It's also hilarious to let them Chained to the Rocks a Primordial only to erupt the Mountain, get the Primordial back, destroy another land, and get another land.

I'm starting to think Aetherling really is my best option for a finisher.  I'll up it to 2x in the board and will look for places in the main where I might try to slide it in.  Wreck their land and gain tempo, then I end up with pretty much the most inevitable win-con in the format... yeah... that's good.

Nessian is a bit questionable but definitely better than Stormbreath in here.  For once the tribute effect isn't a big deal as both options work in my favor.  It's either a 3/3 that destroys a land/walker/enchant/artifact (working for my plan) OR it's a 6/6 for 5 (which is pretty efficient mana-wise).

Definitely good thoughts...

Another fun point, Kiora's Follower paired with Zhur-taa Druid is actually tons of fun.