Topic: 3D Life Counters for Trade, now with New Ones!

I make 3D Life Counters - and I put together a new Imgur album of what I have to trade.  If you see anything you like, open a trade!  Right now I'm working on some modern goblin action and acquiring some more shocks, but looking through tradelists is my favorite thing ever. 

These include:

Charging Badger Don't Care
Barony Vampire
Tragic Slip
Windwright Mage
Gray Merchant of Asphodel
Omenspeaker
Raised by Wolves
Aspect of Hydra
Weight of the Underworld
Spearpoint Oread
Nimbus Naiad
Observant Alseid
Leafcrown Dryad
Reversal of Fortune
Counsel of the Soratami
Auramancer
Diabolic Tutor
Veteran Swordsmith
Serra Angel
Goblin Test Pilot
Act of Treason
Awe for the Guilds
Disciple of the Old Ways
Elvish Visionary
Chosen of Markov
Markov's Servant
Grim Affliction

I also do commissions (you can see some of my work here) so let me know if you have an idea for that. 

I also also get lots of questions about how I make these things - and it' really fun and you should do it too.  I made another album detailing my construction of a Blood Artist Life Counter - check it out if you like pictures more than words.

Last edited by dajaymann (2014-04-11 20:39:10)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishes

Re: 3D Life Counters for Trade, now with New Ones!

Saturday bumpin'

Monday bumpin'!

Got on a roll last week and made four more counters.  Actually, I finished three yesterday that I don't have pictures for but I'll show those off later.

Keep up the great work, bro. Just saw the post and wanted to vouch on this work. I acquired a Nivix Cyclops counter and I show it off everytime I get the chance. I guess now is a good time to say I am interested in your Volcanic Dragon! As well, I am curious could you do Ponder from m12? Feel free to open a trade and discuss....and keep the great work up!

Like the above post I am here to vouch for the awesomeness that is his work.

I was the one who got the Eidolon of Countless Battles...by far the coolest life counter at my LGS...already have offers for trades of it, but it's mine baby!:D

Oh and by the way the pictures don't do his work justice, it is way cooler looking when you are holding it and can see every angle. When it is sitting right next to your deck it sure pulls some eyes.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-03-10 19:52:10)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

You guys are sweet  tongue

Also, I'll say that looking at these pictures actually make the counters look worse in my opinion.  Blown up to this size you can see the dpi of the print on the actual cards and every single mistake made while cutting on them.  As their constantly self-critical creator, it's a bit harrowing to look at those pictures for too long. 

Oh, and PalmerClan - you gots a trade.

Figured I'd bump this with a handful of new works, and add that I'm on the prowl for Standard Grixis Planeswalkers (and some other mostly Black stuff).  See my wishlist for more on that, and check my tradelist for some decent new goodies that may/may not whet your appetite.

Aaaaaaaand a bump

I'm on the lookout for a bunch of cheap cards to finish out some Counters I'd like to finish out - see what I'm looking for here

I also updated the Counter list at the top of this post as I got rid of a couple - let me know if any of these interest you!

Bumpin' again.

Also made a few last week that I don't have pictures for (they're comin') - including a Dismember and a M14 Shivan Dragon. 

Also got some UW goodies to trade if anyone is interested, as UW Control is definately not my bag, baby.

kinda really interested if a deathrite shaman or curse of the swine were possible

shadowsmiles42 wrote:

kinda really interested if a deathrite shaman or curse of the swine were possible

Deathrite?  Oh gawd no.  I'm still not quite up to the level of cutting up a pile of $10 cards.  Maybe one day I will embrace such masochistic tendencies, but not today. 

Curse of the Swine?  Heck yes, that one would be fun.  I'd need about 5 copies to make it work, though.  Open a trade with me if you're into this sort of thing!

How many of a certain card do you need for the process, also can you do foils?  I'm interested in commissioning an Archetype of Courage from Born of the Gods.

Rocc wrote:

How many of a certain card do you need for the process, also can you do foils?  I'm interested in commissioning an Archetype of Courage from Born of the Gods.

Usually depends on the image, but lately my average has been 5 to 7 copies of a single card (my skills have somewhat improve, and I find myself looking for more ways to make the "depth" more interesting nowadays).  I do foils as well and usually mix it up with regular versions of the card as the "foiled" part is usually only certain parts of the figure and/or image.  I usually get away with 2 or 3 foils, then 3 or 4 regular cards to fill it out, plus a foiled land to act as the "backdrop" under the beads and last layer.  An Archetype of Courage would look pretty similar to this Eidolon of Countless Battles commission I did a while back.

dajaymann wrote:
Rocc wrote:

Usually depends on the image, but lately my average has been 5 to 7 copies of a single card (my skills have somewhat improve, and I find myself looking for more ways to make the "depth" more interesting nowadays).  I do foils as well and usually mix it up with regular versions of the card as the "foiled" part is usually only certain parts of the figure and/or image.  I usually get away with 2 or 3 foils, then 3 or 4 regular cards to fill it out, plus a foiled land to act as the "backdrop" under the beads and last layer.  An Archetype of Courage would look pretty similar to this Eidolon of Countless Battles commission I did a while back.

Awesome, that was the one I liked the most.  I'll set something up.