Topic: Introduction Thread - Welcome, San Diegans!

http://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=57

Welcome, San Diegans! Thank you for joining the San Diego MTG Community. Introduce yourself in this thread!

My name is Jeff, and I usually play with my friends at home, although I sometimes visit Artifex (SD Games & Comics) or the Foundry. I live near UCSD in the UTC area, so let me know if you guys want to meet up!

Post's attachments

sandiego.png
sandiego.png 295.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome, San Diegans!

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyle and I live in Banker's Hill (by Balboa Park).  I usually play with some friends up in LA, but would be down to get a play group going down here in San Diego.

In terms of formats, I like them all.  I usually have a few standard, legacy, and EDH decks available.  Casual is always fun as well. 

Thanks for setting this group up, Jeff!

Hey, I'm mike and I also live in UTC. I've been out of Magic for a bit but would love to start playing with some people around here. I moved out here from the midwest to do grad school at UCSD.

I'm looking to put together a standard deck and eventually a modern deck. I'll trade most stuff from my inventory. I also really enjoy EDH.

Hi, I'm Art. I am a Legacy and EDH player, predominantly. I play at Our Playz, Pair a Dice, and San Diego Games and Comics (Thursday night Legacy).

I've been called a foil-whore. I won't dispute that assertion wink

Hello,
I'm a newbie to MTG. I live in the UTC Area. I'm looking for casual play and suggestions on how to build my first Standard deck.
I played few times at At Ease Games and SD Games and Comics.
Please feel free to contact me

hello everyone!
my name is Jose, and it looks like i might play with some of you at some point. i live in downtown SD,(right under balboa park!) and i actually work up in UTC!
I've played at Artifex/San Diego games and comics, but find that most of the people there are too competitive for me.
I've also played at Villanous Lair on Adams ave, but they're closed on Mondays, and usually when im available.
I'll be contacting some of you to see if we can play locally!
Ive been playing MTG since 6th ed/Invasion. im mainly a casual player, play some EDH (only 1 deck at the moment), and trying to build new decks with modern restrictions.
Feel free to contact me.

Hello Blaze!
I recent to magic. I played once Booster Draft at San Diego Games and Comics, but I agree with you, they are really competitive (and also it is elimination, which sucks for a noob like me).
I played few times at At Ease Games in Poway. (Because it's the only shop that does booster drafts at FMN at a decent time 7PM). The players there are less competitive, and for what I have seen they look more friendly and helpful. (Even though Billy at SD Games and Comics was really helpful). At Ease Games is also planning to start a Modern league (from what I heard)
I am down to play casual games (I'm building up my first standard deck) and receive advices on how to improve!

Cheers!

Last edited by kappolo (2013-05-12 02:13:38)

Hi everyone! I'm Jay and I'm new to MTG (been playing for about 4 months). I live in Chula Vista and have only played standard with some local friends. I have played one game of Booster draft with some friends. We bought a box and did our own but other than that just trying to learn how to better build a deck. Eventually I'll try my hand at a per-constructed at FNM.

Heya smile

My name's Emily, I've been playing since Fallen Empires - but on and off, currently "on".
I live in Mira Mesa, but I'm the Commander(manager) of Ampdraw Hobbies in Encinitas. We have a once-a-month FNM (2nd Friday), casual/beginner play is prioritized over super-competition-style.  I have a "Throwback" cube available to draft from (omg its so underpowered!), and like doing creative formats and cooperative play. I act as the judge at the store. None of my minions (co-workers) are as magic-minded, but they know the basics and how to sell the cards and/or find what you're looking for if you want to buy some.
The store is mostly R/C cars/trucks/planes/helis and other hobby stuff in that theme, so we don't have 'random games' going on yet. Hopefully we can manage that somewhere along the way.

When I play elsewhere, its Artifex/SD G&C or Villainous Lair (possibly best name ever) in Normal Heights.

I'm using Deckbox mostly for my in-store single sales inventory, since uh, I have WAAY too many cards available to me @ home to try to inventory them.
(edit to update username, hopefully)

Last edited by modulosa (2014-01-18 02:14:03)

Ryan here. I live in the beaches area and usually play when I travel for work back to Phoenix with my old EDH crowd. I've visited a number of local game shops but none of them are particularly convenient for me--probably will wind up at Villainous Lair and/or SD Games and Comics (Which I really like, despite the drive). Game Empire occasionally.

I play predominately EDH but am working on a modern deck (monowhite Nykthos enchants), and a standard deck (selesnya something or other), just to have.

I have a pretty decent trade binder at this point, and a sale binder from a buddy who no longer plays, and two monstrous binders full of my EDH staples.

I'm Vincent,  I've been in and out of the game since the beginning, but more in a collector stage lately.  I'm mostly into EDH; working on every colour deck I can think of.  I played in one prerelease at Villainous Lair and don't usually play anywhere else except with a small, small group of friends.  I love the game, but like the fun aspect more than the competitive nature.

I trend: Golgari, Jund and Izzet.  I've been trying explore more white decks with the latest expansions being white heavy.

I'm always looking for new friends, but with the birth of my newborn, getting out and about outside of work is rare, so I settle for a mostly online existence.