Topic: When order is accepted is not clearly defined.

I was messing around with the ordering system today to get a better feel with it, considering that I may want to order something later. I ended up putting a card into my cart, and then going through the process of seeing how much it'll cost me to ship and the like. Sadly, there apparently is no "confirm order" or the like, so I'm now sitting with an order that the payment is not finished on, and I'm not going to be able to pay.

The design of the ordering system I feel, while admirable, isn't in line with what a user expects. I am expecting a screen that is "Confirm your order" and shows the prices, the places I am having it shipped to, who is shipping, etc. and then the button of "Click here to confirm everything."

Re: When order is accepted is not clearly defined.

It seems pretty obvious to me that by clicking on "Pay with Paypal" that this is when you're committing to purchase the cards. You've selected your address, selected a shipping option, and can see the total amount for the order before and after shipping. What more are you expecting?

NULL wrote:

I was messing around with the ordering system today to get a better feel with it, considering that I may want to order something later. I ended up putting a card into my cart, and then going through the process of seeing how much it'll cost me to ship and the like. Sadly, there apparently is no "confirm order" or the like, so I'm now sitting with an order that the payment is not finished on, and I'm not going to be able to pay.

The design of the ordering system I feel, while admirable, isn't in line with what a user expects. I am expecting a screen that is "Confirm your order" and shows the prices, the places I am having it shipped to, who is shipping, etc. and then the button of "Click here to confirm everything."

You can send an email to the seller letting him know that it was by mistake and he can cancel it (he has a button to do that for unpaid orders).

We will address some of the reported order issues in an announcement in a couple of days.

Kammikaze wrote:

It seems pretty obvious to me that by clicking on "Pay with Paypal" that this is when you're committing to purchase the cards. You've selected your address, selected a shipping option, and can see the total amount for the order before and after shipping. What more are you expecting?

It is true that for almost every online merchant and fixed price marketplace that takes paypal that the order is not finalized until you complete paypal, not when you start paypal.