Topic: Shipping price via paypal

So usually when I ship cards I pay the normal $1.93 through paypal and set the weight to 3oz. I've shipped up to about 8 cards in 3 toploaders this way and not had a problem. I don't have a mail scale sensitive enough for weighing, so I thought you guys could help me out. At what point (how many cards) do you guys scale up the weight on paypal to 4oz, 5oz, etc?

Thanks

Re: Shipping price via paypal

I don't ship with top loaders but I do ship in cases between cardboard.  I know that once you hit that 15-18 card mark it goes beyond 3 oz.  Using that as a base (assuming you are not adding more top loaders) you are looking at every 16 cards = 3 oz from there you can for the most part assume that every 6 cards = 1 oz big_smile I hope this helps

EDIT: These calculations include the bubblemailer and packaging.

Last edited by gnp17 (2014-05-07 20:57:39)

Re: Shipping price via paypal

I can weigh some top loaders and cards when I'm home, but my scale is terrible and rounds to the nearest 2 grams, so if anyone has one that's more accurate, feel free to post your results. 

I did some searching online though and found this:
a single card weighs 0.064 ounces (1.814 grams).[67]

Then I also found this information:
http://www.quietspeculation.com/2010/09 … surements/

I'm thinking that a 000 mailer, top loader and 4 cards comes out to just over an ounce, but that's off the top of my head.  Keep in mind you'll be adding tape and a label to the outside most likely as well.

edit: So I weighed some things.  I got 3/8 oz for just a #000 envelope with a label.  So I started piling on cards and top loaders and stopped when I hit 2 3/4 Oz.  This was at 19 cards 12 sleeves (various brand) and 3 toploaders.  So you can fit quite a bit in a bubble mailer for under 3 oz.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-05-09 00:24:42)