Topic: Modern UW Quest

The deck revolves around using Quest for the Holy Relic to cheat powerful equipment into play by turn 3 or lock the opponent out of the game with a flipped Erayo, Soratami Ascendant and Ethersworn Canonist

Land (18)
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Island
6 Plains
4 Seachrome Coast

Creatures (27)
4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Faerie Impostor
2 Faith's Shield
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Glint Hawk
4 Quest for the Holy Relic
3 Erayo, Soratami Ascendant
4 Ethersworn Canonist
4 Kor Skyfisher

Equipment (3)
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Batterskull
1 Argentum Armor

2 Slots Open Still
Potential Additions
Dream Stalker
Deputy of Acquittals

Draw Engines
Coiling Oracle
Wall of Omens
Ephara, God of the Polis
Sky Hussar

Thoughts? Ideas? Other cards?
I do not like the all in versions with signal pest, springleaf drum and mox opal.

Re: Modern UW Quest

I think that in playing this deck you are already 'all in'.  If you don't get the Quest or Erayo plus Canonist then you are just left with a pile that can't do much.  At least with Signal Pest you can still reliably attack with evasion creatures.  I'm also not sure that the payoff of getting the Quest into play and getting an equipment is worth the contortions that you have to put the deck through.

If you want to go the Quest route then consider adding Idyllic Tutor.  You'll also need more mana as you'll need three mana on turn three if you want to trigger the quest.  Without Mox Opal or Springleaf Drum you're going to have a hard time doing that with only 18 lands.  I would at least consider adding the Springleaf Drums back in.

Re: Modern UW Quest

Do you think that running more land and the white equipment tutor Steelshaper's Gift would be better than Idyllic Tutor? Since you wouldn't need the mass of creatures to get a sword into play.

What do you think that the best back up plan is? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Run more cheap cantrip draw spells like Serum Visions or run beaters like Skaab Ruinator.
Are anthem effects like Tempered Steel and Signal Pest or Favorable Winds / Spear of Heliod just a better plan?

Thanks for the input.