Topic: I made a woopsie and sold my collection, kinda regret it.

Anyone ever made a woopsie like I did?

So basically Wizards released Kaijudo, a rather fun little distraction of a game that actually got a little buzz around my area.  Unfortunately I got so into it that I ended up dumping my collection to build one in the other game.  The game actually showed promise in my local MTG scene and it even has a thriving competitive scene though its mostly up around Seattle!  My decision to off-load my collection wasn't exactly a bad one especially when you look at it in a financial perspective because my little $600 MTG collection turned into a $700 Kaijudo collection. I just offed that collection due to lack of local interest with the nearest scene being about 3 hours away.  Sure it was fun playing against the same 4 people every week but it got really stale since no one new was coming in and they typically had the exact same decks every week. 

Well, anyways, M15 has really got me excited because if the development of the upcoming standard scene goes the way I hope, my favorite archetypes will be back.  In the end I did make a profit on my modest collection and its allowing me to build up some cards I will need for the remainder of RTR/THS standard but I just keep thinking about all those cards I could have used for trade fodder. 

So yeah, anyone ever sell a collection and find you regret it later down the line?  Maybe because it turned out your collection would have been worth more or you just had a period where you wanted to do something else?

Last edited by colterwc (2014-07-07 06:43:59)

Re: I made a woopsie and sold my collection, kinda regret it.

Sell off your Kaijudo collection and get it back?