Topic: Feature question: Should cancelled trades count as trades?

I ask this because I've started trading on another site, and have linked people here to see my feedback from trades that I've done here.

When you look at my profile, you'll see my feedback as +3 out of 20 trades, but that's not really the whole story. 17 of those trades were created as tests, or were proposed trades that we weren't able to reach an agreement on, or they were cancelled for other reasons. The three trades that were finalized are the ones I have positive feedback from.

Thus, I would interpret my feedback as "+3 out of 3 trades", not 3 out of 20, as I think that is a more accurate reflection of my trading. If I were to click on "Trades", I would then expect to see finished and cancelled trades, as I do now. Including cancelled trades in the total number of trades a person has done gives the perception that they have mostly neutral feedback, which isn't always the case.

Re: Feature question: Should cancelled trades count as trades?

Cancelled trades should definitely not count as completed trades. Splitting the finished trades into completed and canceled sections is a good idea.

agreed, i intitated a trade by accident and it still shows it!

NO they should NOT count!!!!!!

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Can we please fix this. I have ONE trade and FOUR CANCELLED TRADES. I have +1 for the only actual trade so I should have +1 out of 1.

I can help it if people offer a trade with all German cards and I deny!

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

A comment on leaving feedback...

I would want a +1 to indicate that someone has successfully completed a trade and a -1 that they misled someone and acted maliciously. So that leaves 0 for all other types of behavior, but I think there are a few different gradients in that area. If someone responds quickly and is easy to deal with but a deal isn't reached I think that behavior should be rewarded in some way with positive feedback, but it shouldn't be equivalent to actually completing a trade.

There should also be some kind of "average time to respond" metric publicly visible on a user's profile page. As someone looking to set up trades, it would be very useful to know that a user has never responded to any previous trade request or that they take about a week to respond or that they are very quick to respond.

I'd love to see this changed for a different reason:  people can just make a crappy trade offer at you, and then cancel it and leave negative feedback, as was done to me earlier today- http://deckbox.org/trades/3671?s=10390

Summarized what he did in my feedback for him, but then later realized he was the same jerk who's spammed me on reddit with lobsided offers before and got mad when I didn't take them.

Why should I be getting negative feedback hurting me for that?

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

We will change it so that cancelled trades and local trades do not count for the rating this week.

Darcet, I have checked out your trade and the user does indeed look like he's just giving bad ratings and creating trades without talking with anyone. We will email the user asking for an explanation. If he does not respond, he will be flagged as possibly inactive or not trustworthy, and a warning will be displayed to other users on his profile and trade pages.

Sebi, thank you a lot big_smile  The guy is very infuriating to deal with.  Avoided him on reddit for just those reasons you're talking about- dismayed to find him coming here as well.

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

What if you only count numerical feedback on completed trades but leave comments available on all trades?

preypacer wrote:

What if you only count numerical feedback on completed trades but leave comments available on all trades?

That's not a bad idea. This way people with canceled trades that had a bad experience have a say about it.

One small problem is that the cancelled trades are hidden by default, and I'm not sure if users generally click the 'show cancelled' button. I might make an exception in the listing and show the ones that are not cancelled, or cancelled and have feedback. Hmm...

What about marking some trades as expired or what not?  I've had some that I've just never had a chance to look at or consider since I was to busy.  By the time I got back into trading mode the user may have cancelled it or maybe the system did.