Topic: Price on Command Tower

The price on Command Tower is horribly off.  For some reason I am getting a price of $17.98, when it should be around $5.15 (I'm using TCG low, and TCG high is only $8.06).

Re: Price on Command Tower

the price is probably reflecting that of the commander's arsenal/judge promo versions?

If you search your Inventory for Command Tower, you will note that you have not specified which version of Command Tower you own.  Thus Deckbox is guessing at which version you have. If you look next to the price you'll see that the greyed-out version indicator is guessing that your version is Commander's Arsenal and that's the price you're seeing.  If you either click through to the Command Tower page and select Commander there OR if you edit your card details to indicate that it's part of the Commander set you will get the right price.

Preppy wrote:

If you search your Inventory for Command Tower, you will note that you have not specified which version of Command Tower you own.  Thus Deckbox is guessing at which version you have. If you look next to the price you'll see that the greyed-out version indicator is guessing that your version is Commander's Arsenal and that's the price you're seeing.  If you either click through to the Command Tower page and select Commander there OR if you edit your card details to indicate that it's part of the Commander set you will get the right price.

My Command Tower is specified as the Commander version and it still comes up as the pricier Commander's Arsenal version in my deck list. I guess it's not as bad as my Islands coming up as 70 cents each, though.

Weird: when I look at your Inventory, I see the correct $6.19 value.  If I look at your deck:
* http://deckbox.org/sets/298862
, it's including the Arsenal version at $18.

Looks like a bug in/limitation of the Deck Card Importer?  If I add Command Tower to any random deck of mine, I get the Arsenal version added even though I only have the Commander version.

It's just the way the deck builder is designed. It does not use any specific version of a card from your inventory when creating deck lists. It just defaults to the most recent version there and only verifies counts against your inventory for the same-named card to see if you own enough (in any version) to "complete" the deck.

MMJuno wrote:

It's just the way the deck builder is designed. It does not use any specific version of a card from your inventory when creating deck lists. It just defaults to the most recent version there and only verifies counts against your inventory for the same-named card to see if you own enough (in any version) to "complete" the deck.

I can see tons of examples in my deck lists where it shows older versions of cards, so I'm pretty sure it's not defaulting to the most recent version.

Knuttypoo wrote:
MMJuno wrote:

I can see tons of examples in my deck lists where it shows older versions of cards, so I'm pretty sure it's not defaulting to the most recent version.

I have noticed it does skip over some certain sets in some cases in its logic. Generally some of the one-off sets like Duel Decks, etc. Generally though, it seems to just assume the latest "mainstream" printing. If that makes sense?

MMJuno wrote:

I have noticed it does skip over some certain sets in some cases in its logic. Generally some of the one-off sets like Duel Decks, etc. Generally though, it seems to just assume the latest "mainstream" printing. If that makes sense?

It is kinda making sense now, though it's weird that they'd have Commander's Arsenal as a priority and not Modern Master's or the Duel Decks. And I noticed a couple instances where older sets are listed when certain cards were more recently printed in Commander, like with Sol Ring and Eternal Witness.