Topic: Deckbox FTV:20 update

Anyone know when this is going to get pushed live? In the mean time I've marked the FTV:20 JTMS on my wishlist as no set edition, NM, foil, promo... tongue

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Re: Deckbox FTV:20 update

I would assume in the next couple days, but I think if you just put foil and promo onto the stuff then people will know what it is.

Also while I'm here, are you trading away stuff from your FTV?  I'm interested in the Fact or Fiction, Akroma's Vengeance, Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Venser, and Green Sun's Zenith.  Send me a trade if you are interested in anything of mine.

I'm sitting tight and waiting for it to drop to around $150 on ebay before I pick one up, but I'll keep you in mind once I get one

UnstableFlux wrote:

I'm sitting tight and waiting for it to drop to around $150 on ebay before I pick one up, but I'll keep you in mind once I get one

150 may be a bit ambitious...If I see them at that price I may have to grab a few more.

Right now it is still only around $180 on ebay because the market hasn't been flooded with JTMS yet. Once he drops to his estimated $125-$130 selling price the FTV Box price will drop as well

UnstableFlux wrote:

Right now it is still only around $180 on ebay because the market hasn't been flooded with JTMS yet. Once he drops to his estimated $125-$130 selling price the FTV Box price will drop as well

Maybe. If it does drop that low expect it to be short lived. Big cards tend to have pretty firm price basements. Its also important to note a good chunk of these things won't be opened. I hope you are right though, I would pick up quite a few at 150.

I mean, typically these FTV reprints end up around the same price as their non-foil counter-parts. You can currently get a NM WW JTMS for $120 on TCG, and I was actually able to get one for $100 on Monday. Granted, the recent price dip in WW JTMS was mostly due to the FTV reprint, but I believe in the long run WW will settle around $130 TCG low price and FTV around $135.
Edit: Proof of my good luck tongue Got him yesterday and he is indeed real and NM

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-08-23 18:47:07)

UnstableFlux wrote:

I mean, typically these FTV reprints end up around the same price as their non-foil counter-parts. You can currently get a NM WW JTMS for $120 on TCG, and I was actually able to get one for $100 on Monday. Granted, the recent price dip in WW JTMS was mostly due to the FTV reprint, but I believe in the long run WW will settle around $130 TCG low price and FTV around $135.

Oh for sure, but I wouldn't count out all the other cards in the set. While there is a flood now, stuff like foiled dark ritual, thran dynamo, and awesome art lotus will only grow. There is an easy 50 dollars in the rest of the set in the near future, even counting out the crap that wizards put in there to offset jace being included.

Im actually more inclined to think JTMS will follow in the same pattern as Goyf and Bob. Sure right now they are dipping but once people create the demand to complete Playsets they will do a bigger jump back up.

On the other note, Im stoked to try and get some for these for EDH and cube. Im glad I didnt blow 45+ on the Judge Swords to Plowshares when I like the FTV/Duel Deck one better big_smile

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-08-23 18:52:35)

Helios52 wrote:

Im actually more inclined to think JTMS will follow in the same pattern as Goyf and Bob. Sure right now they are dipping but once people create the demand to complete Playsets they will do a bigger jump back up.

On the other note, Im stoked to try and get some for these for EDH and cube. Im glad I didnt blow 45+ on the Judge Swords to Plowshares when I like the FTV/Duel Deck one better big_smile

Oh yeah no doubt he will slowly climb up again, I more meant once he levels off from the current fluctuations he will be around $130 and then start his slow climb

People underestimate just how many of these FTV:20s are actually flooding the market right now. It's on the order of like 50-60 thousand new Jace's. I wouldn't be surprised if Jace drops to around $80 for a good while. I also expect the FTV set to sit at about $130 for a few months too. Probably peaking again around $150-$180. There is actually not a huge demand for these from the vaults. The demand is really coming from hype alone and people speculating on how much value they get from buying them.

Mirage08 wrote:

People underestimate just how many of these FTV:20s are actually flooding the market right now. It's on the order of like 50-60 thousand new Jace's. I wouldn't be surprised if Jace drops to around $80 for a good while. I also expect the FTV set to sit at about $130 for a few months too. Probably peaking again around $150-$180. There is actually not a huge demand for these from the vaults. The demand is really coming from hype alone and people speculating on how much value they get from buying them.

But not all of them are going to get opened. How many are people buying this just have it sit sealed and unopened to try and sell later on? I cant see JTMS going that low cause this is only his second printing and I believe you cant even use this foil in Tournaments cause of how the warping of the foil gives away where it is in the deck. 

Bob dropped to around 50ish then a month after MMA came out he jumps to 75 and he was even reprinted as Judge Promo. Granted they are slowly declining alittle, but thats more cause its not modern season yet.

It is still tournament legal

From the Vault: Exiled will be available worldwide in English only on August 28. All cards are black-bordered and tournament legal.

Helios52 wrote:

Bob dropped to around 50ish then a month after MMA came out he jumps to 75 and he was even reprinted as Judge Promo.

That jump was almost strictly b/c SCG was buying out Bob at GP:Vegas.  Similar to how Horizon Canopy spiked more than double recently.

Well as much as people want to say the market is getting flooded with these, I called my local card store today to find out what they were charging for FTV twenty and he said 279.99. I was pretty shocked

morph66 wrote:

Well as much as people want to say the market is getting flooded with these, I called my local card store today to find out what they were charging for FTV twenty and he said 279.99. I was pretty shocked

Yeah, 50k isn't a ton for a collectors item. Lots of collectors buy these just to keep them sealed, and speculators do the same. I wouldn't be surprised if up to half of these aren't even open on sale.

When you can buy them on eBay for $165, I don't know how store owners can sleep at night selling to their loyal customers at such outrageous prices.

seems as good a place to ask as any. But where do people buy these things at msrp? do you need a retailers license? how do people ebay them for so cheap, where do you buy them? Can you contact wizards directly?

I'm getting a little tired of being ripped off on these sort of things, boxes for 110$ packs at 4$  modern masters packs at 15$ and boxes at 270.  Where do people buy their cheap stuff? I got money, i'm tired of paying retail for all this stuff.

The only way to get MMA or FTV for MSRP is to be friends with your LGS owner.  At the very least, for FTV, businesses have to do a certain amount of Magic sales before they can qualify to receive them.

Boxes can usually be found for far less than MSRP online.

marumari wrote:

The only way to get MMA or FTV for MSRP is to be friends with your LGS owner.  At the very least, for FTV, businesses have to do a certain amount of Magic sales before they can qualify to receive them.

Boxes can usually be found for far less than MSRP online.

ok why is that? why can you buy online for cheaper then msrp? do they steal the stuff? do they have hookups? i just want to know the logic behind it.  how much does a retailer actually pay for a box?

First of all, MSRP for a booster box is ~$146 so $110 is technically less than MSRP.

To answer your questions, though:

No, they don't steal the MTG Products.  Retailers buy Magic product from distributors who sell them in bulk.

For example, your local magic store commits to buying X amount of a given product (let's just say 40 boxes of M14).  The distributor will then charge the retailer ~$73 per box.  It's up to the retailer how much they charge but your LGS likely has to charge more than an online retailer because they have to cover rent on their establishment (among other things).  Most magic players will encourage you to support your LGS instead of buying online unless the price gap is outrageous because most of the time, your LGS isn't trying to swindle you, they're just trying to get by.

Nevpicasso wrote:

First of all, MSRP for a booster box is ~$146 so $110 is technically less than MSRP.

No, they don't steal the MTG Products.  Retailers buy Magic product from distributors who sell them in bulk.

For example, your local magic store commits to buying X amount of a given product (let's just say 40 boxes of M14).  The distributor will then charge the retailer ~$73 per box.  It's up to the retailer how much they charge but your LGS likely has to charge more than an online retailer because they have to cover rent on their establishment (among other things).  Most magic players will encourage you to support your LGS instead of buying online unless the price gap is outrageous because most of the time, your LGS isn't trying to swindle you, they're just trying to get by.

thanks bud,  and my magic store is clearly trying to swindle selling this ftv twenty for 280$

morph66 wrote:
Nevpicasso wrote:

thanks bud,  and my magic store is clearly trying to swindle selling this ftv twenty for 280$

Huge swindle! You can get them on ebay for a smidge under 200. My local store was nice and sold them at retail to the regulars.

FTV 20 has been imported to Deckbox. Feel free to update your lists smile

tjdrake719 wrote:

Huge swindle! You can get them on ebay for a smidge under 200. My local store was nice and sold them at retail to the regulars.

like 20$ retail?