Topic: [Moved To Selling Forum!]

Wanting to get rid of my collection in one bulk go!

*Disclaimer* the collection is mostly uncommons and bulk rares but there are plenty of each!  my asking price is 115$ shipped through usps flat rate box tracked if you have any questions let me know smile

~~EDIT~~ Some say this is an unfair price and ect.  If you feel this way, I understand but please refrain from posting on the forum about it, I'd be more than willing to discuss it via private message if you feel you have a more fair offer.

Last edited by VampireArmy (2013-12-10 03:40:18)

Re: [Moved To Selling Forum!]

What methodology did you apply to come to a price tag of 115?

mbknight wrote:

What methodology did you apply to come to a price tag of 115?

Set it down to low and added a little for the cost of shipping them all.  prices are negotiable of course.

Not to offend, but you're over-valuing your collection by a large margin.  If it's worth under $2 or so mid and its part of a lot, you're looking at getting bulk prices for it (~.25 for mythics, ~.10 for rares, C/Us at ~$5 per 1000).

arsonisfun wrote:

Not to offend, but you're over-valuing your collection by a large margin.  If it's worth under $2 or so mid and its part of a lot, you're looking at getting bulk prices for it (~.25 for mythics, ~.10 for rares, C/Us at ~$5 per 1000).

maybe so but the stuff is sorta good or sorta bad not sure where the line is i mightend up just selling to ebay as someone suggested before if im not offered anything in a weeks time or so. no offense taken though.  i've ben around these forums enough to know that price is a touchy subject for most im just trying to unclutter my place and pick up some bill money

Sorry, but you really are just only going to get bulk price. You barely have anything wroth anything and selling as a lot means you do have to go at a % of low value.

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14810

VampireArmy wrote:
arsonisfun wrote:

maybe so but the stuff is sorta good or sorta bad not sure where the line is i mightend up just selling to ebay as someone suggested before if im not offered anything in a weeks time or so. no offense taken though.  i've ben around these forums enough to know that price is a touchy subject for most im just trying to unclutter my place and pick up some bill money

Yea, the eBay route is always worth a whirl smile  I can appreciate the effort to un-clutter - some days I feel like im drowning in cards

Is this your first time selling your whole collection?  You say people have called your price "unfair", it's not unfair, just unrealistic.  No one likes to hear someone say their prices are to high, or they want to much, I get it.  And when you say that someone, who is simply trying to steer you in the right direction to help you make some money, is being "unfair", then that is extremely unfair to them.  Especially when integrity matters. 

I hope you get where I'm coming from here.

nullkarmaexception wrote:

Is this your first time selling your whole collection?  You say people have called your price "unfair", it's not unfair, just unrealistic.  No one likes to hear someone say their prices are to high, or they want to much, I get it.  And when you say that someone, who is simply trying to steer you in the right direction to help you make some money, is being "unfair", then that is extremely unfair to them.  Especially when integrity matters. 

I hope you get where I'm coming from here.

Well to explain. The edit had no intention on offending anyone but there IS a trend of people coming onto a thread just to cry about the prices. For those people, the extra line about that helps.  honestly, ive used this site less and less over the months due to the udder rudeness of the mtg community whether it be on here, other sites, or even at the lgs and one does become a little sick of it. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for trying to put a lower price on it or even saying that calling me out cant be done but wouldn't it be easier for the sake of integrity to do this in a private matter so that the thread isnt full of arguing and such? like ive said before, if no one on this forum wants it, i can happily take it to ebay

" Hello everyone,
Due to the recent and increasing occurrences of people being 'called out' because someone else doesn't agree with how they are valuing their cards, I am forced to make this post. It is the seller/trader's own prerogative to value his/her cards at whatever value they deem fit, and it is an interested buyer/trader's prerogative to privately negotiate for a price a they deem fit. Publicly 'calling out' or harassing someone in their thread because you don't agree with how that person is valuing their cards is poor judgement, harassment, and will no longer be tolerated in this community as it is causing many problems. I will start to enforce this if I continue to see it, first editing posts and giving out warnings, and after that taking it on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly." - UnstableFlux
If this makes you feel any better.

joecat wrote:

" Hello everyone,
Due to the recent and increasing occurrences of people being 'called out' because someone else doesn't agree with how they are valuing their cards, I am forced to make this post. It is the seller/trader's own prerogative to value his/her cards at whatever value they deem fit, and it is an interested buyer/trader's prerogative to privately negotiate for a price a they deem fit. Publicly 'calling out' or harassing someone in their thread because you don't agree with how that person is valuing their cards is poor judgement, harassment, and will no longer be tolerated in this community as it is causing many problems. I will start to enforce this if I continue to see it, first editing posts and giving out warnings, and after that taking it on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly." - UnstableFlux
If this makes you feel any better.

^ well put and the true reason for what id said before.  thank you

I'd give you like, $1.50 for the terminus and then bulk buy other rares, wouldnt be interested in most of the commons/uncommons but i'd bulk some of em.  Theres just not much of anything there.

Bmil wrote:

I'd give you like, $1.50 for the terminus and then bulk buy other rares, wouldnt be interested in most of the commons/uncommons but i'd bulk some of em.  Theres just not much of anything there.

Discussion started