Topic: W: Brimaz, Mutavault H: Domri, Elesh, JAoT, GP Batterskull and more

I'm currently in need 4 Brimaz, King of Oreskos and 2 Mutavault. I also need a 4 Bile Blight, 2 Banisher Priest, and 2 Gild.

I have Domri Rade, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Jace, Architect of Thought, Thoughtseize, GP foil Batterskull, and much more.

I don't have a lot of Born of the Gods at the moment, but I do have a box coming in later in the week.

If you have any of the cards listed and are interested in working something out, check out my profile (link in my signature), and open a trade. Please be sure to send a message with the initial proposal so that negotiations can begin and we can work something out.

Thanks for your time!

Re: W: Brimaz, Mutavault H: Domri, Elesh, JAoT, GP Batterskull and more

would do mutavault for domri and the gp promo

fairportmagic wrote:

would do mutavault for domri and the gp promo

No thanks. I'm not a fan of trading $50 worth the cards for a single $35 card. smile

domri is $25 and the GP promo is gonna keep dropping after thousands are handed out every weekend. Batterskull will be like $10 in a few months

That's fantastic for it. I trade in the present, not the future. I like using present prices for present cards, not future speculative prices that may or may not happen.

I'd throw in one of the new phoenix if that's do it but with the way you posted I doubt you care much about the reality in price for GP promos

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-11 20:43:14)

The reality of the price is that the GP promo is currently $29.99, and I trade my cards, and trade for cards at their current value. If it dips, it dips. That's how it is, but I do not make a habit on speculative prices, as those prices are typically pulled out of thin air.

I would just like to point out that by the same logic, Domri will drop too when it rotates out of standard.

Helios52 wrote:

I would just like to point out that by the same logic, Domri will drop too when it rotates out of standard.

Exactly. I'd rather get current value for current value, otherwise nothing ever gets done, as people sit there and wonder if something will hold value months form now. If you want the card, you want the card. There should be no reason to hold off, unless you already have copies of it coming to you.

Well GP promos ALWAYS go down. Go try to sell it to start city and see how much buylist they'd give you(I looked and it's pretty much nothing). It's not speculating if it's what's gonna happen. The promo will be in the $10 to $15 range and there isn't much way to deny that

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-11 20:48:32)

and if you add the phoenix I said I'm willing to throw in it's actually about $42 to $50. So in the case that this GP promo follows all the other ones you will be making out just fine.  personally value the promo at $15. I'm allowed to value it at whatever I feel but at the same time you have the right to value it at $30 if you want. I just wanted to explain my reasoning. If you find someone who wants it at $30 good or you

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-11 21:01:40)

Dude, I'm not going to trade that far in to someone's favor unless I'm trading up. If you want to give me a serious and fair offer, I'm open to it. Otherwise, have a nice day. smile

Well towards the mutavault you're trading up. like I said it's you call. My offer is serious and for a seasoned trader who understands the market on GP promos my offer is more than fair. GP Promos have and in genral always will be about the same (usually little less) than the regular one. GP promos will be somewhat more expensive when they first come out but the market gets flooded so fast as the buying demand does not match the supply at all. When thousands are added to the market every week the only thing to hold there value towords the end is the value of the normal version. Just look at all is dust, about $12 for a foil alt-art, verses about $18 for the original

Like I said if going by straight current TCG prices it's a $30 (mid) card. I just want one for my cube so I can wait till the goto $15.

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-11 21:03:46)

Fairport... clearly he doesn't agree with your valuation of the card... you guys view it differently so it's likely a deal isn't going to work out.  Why sit and argue like you're going to convince him his card is worth less.  Just move on to the next trade dude...

I am allowed to explain GP promos. He may not understand how the market works with them. it doesn't take a smart person to know he won't trade me the cards at this point, but I just wanted him to know why it will be hard to find someone to trade him for it at $30. I'm done posting at this time. Since he didn't put a value on the promo and TCG mid on the promo now is not very telling due to only 7 sellers at this time (since it is still a newer promo). I made an offer

plus there is a good chance of me going to a GP and just getting one for free but I figured if he would see eye to eye on the reality of the card I could possibly get it now. Oh well, like I said I can wait

oh and by the guy that made the comment about domri, you are correct. That would only hurt me though. Domri's price though is an established one, not something new. It's been in the same ballpark for a while, not just a matter of weeks

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-11 21:14:19)

Fairport will argue that he has a right to value cards as he wants, but if you try to do the same, he'll get upset.  You know what real value of cards is?  Ebay sold prices.

GP Promo batterskull's average is $26ish
Domni's average is around $21ish
Mutavault average is around $29ish

These are actual value of said cards from a place everyone knows.  Trading against some future value of cards is for suckers.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2014-02-11 22:57:38)

fairportmagic wrote:

Well GP promos ALWAYS go down. Go try to sell it to start city and see how much buylist they'd give you(I looked and it's pretty much nothing). It's not speculating if it's what's gonna happen. The promo will be in the $10 to $15 range and there isn't much way to deny that

That's funny - GP Promo Umezawa's Jitte is at an all time high and what do'ya know...it's a 1-of in the same shell Batterskull is a 1-of!

The difference between a gp jitte and a normal one is very little. He is allowed to value cards differently. I already said that. I said I will just wait till it drops if people won't see the obvious. I know I am right so I can wait

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-12 05:11:51)

The irony is that I have someone who is interested in it at present value, right now. They are also interested in giving me a fair and even trade based on CURRENT value, right now.

You're free to value it differently, but you're not free to try and force your opinions down anyone's throat. All you've accomplished is missing a chance to get one sooner, rather than later.

Hi there. I don't want to interfere with y'all's battle of wits. :-) but I am interested in the batterskull. Do you still have it?

If you want to throw me an offer, I'm more than happy to take a look. At present, the Batterskull is up for grabs. smile

Oh well, at a $30 evaluation I'm not kicking myself for missing out. I'm not shoving opinions down people's throats I'm pointing out educated guesses based on facts. There is a chance this doesn't follow the trend but most likely it will. Don't try to make me out as some bad guy for trying to get you to value the card at a price that I'm comfortable with. If I was fine with a $30 evaluation I would have agreed to it without protest. And don't say my offer was un-fair. My highest offer was like $8 off current values and the most expensive card was on my end. In the long run there is no denying it would have been a fair deal on both ends. If you find someone who needs it now good for you, otherwise I'l make the offer again in a couple months

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-02-12 05:18:02)