Topic: v3.3: International Shipping, Following Competitive Magic Events

International Shipping

Good news for sellers, especially ones interested in US-Canada and intra-European Union sales. We now allow shipping options for multiple destinations. Aside from setting specific ones for specific countries, you can also set one for International, or European Union.

Head over to your Seller Profile options to add some.

To help new users with shipping prices we have started a help page about shipping costs. We've also added there some information on weight of cards, toploaders and standard envelopes, to help calculations.

I you wish to help us expand it with more information, please post the info and links in  this forum thread.

Multiple Currencies

We are not yet ready to add full support for multiple currencies to the website, so card and shiping prices will remain in United States Dollars for the time being. There is, however, something that we can help with.

When a buyer in Canada buys from a seller from Canada (same for EU), they need to pay currency conversion rates for CAD-> USD for the buyer, and then USD->CAD for the seller, since he wants the money in his own currency in the end. To help with this, sellers can now also set a Preferred Currency on their Seller Profile. Afterwards, when buyers are redirected to paypal to pay, they will do so in that currency.

E.G. I have a Verdant Catacombs listed for sale, for 70$, but ultimately I want my money in Euro (since I'm here). The buyer also has money in Euro. On the order page, he will see something like this:

http://deckbox.org/system/images/forum/3_3_ann/verdant.png

, and he will pay the sum in Eur on paypal, thus circumventing some currency conversion fees on paypal.

Competitive Magic

We wanted for a while now to keep up a bit better with the Magic the Gathering Professional scene events. They influence card demand and pricing, deck building trends and others. Now we figured it is time to do something about this.

We have set up a community called Mtg Competitive Events and we have introduced the Pro Tour and Grand Prix events for this year in its calendar. We also set up calendar feed if you would like to keep track of them in your calendaring app.

The community comes with a forum where you can discuss events, top decks, favorite pro players, and other such things.

Join the community now if you wish to keep up to date with this forum and competitive events. As a community member you can also mention on each event page if you are attending or not, should you want to meet up with other deckbox users there smile

After each event we will add the top 8 decklists on the event standings page. See for example the ones for Pro Tour Atlanta (By the way, congratulations to Patrick Chapin for his win on sunday with his Junk Midrange deck!).

Other fixes

* Fixed an issue where buyers could not cancel unplaced orders
* Clarified reasons why you cannot buy cards in some cases from a seller (he is on vacation, etc)
* When viewing trades you cannot see inventory counts if your trade partner does not have his
  inventory set to public

Last edited by sebi (2014-05-20 18:09:17)

Re: v3.3: International Shipping, Following Competitive Magic Events

sebi wrote:

International Shipping

Good news for sellers, especially ones interested in US-Canada and intra-European Union sales. We now allow shipping options for multiple destinations. Aside from setting specific ones for specific countries, you can also set one for International, or European Union.

Head over to your Seller Profile options to add some.

Thanks for paying more attention to us Europeans! About the exchange values in different currencies: I know I could use a calculator, but I'd love to be able to see at one glance what the exchange rate is that is being used.

Could you also take a look at the weird address labels? My address shows as follows (sorry, no screenies, because I'd basically have to blank everything anyway):
*name*
*Street + number*
*city*, , *zip code*
*country*

However, the proper address label in the Netherlands is:
*name*
*company, if any*
*Street + Number*
*Zip code* *City*
*country*

Incorrect labels could unfortunately cause shipping delays due to the automated mail sorting process not being able to fully identify the address. Before, we could supply our full address labels, but nowadays it is instead populated from form-fields.

> http://deckbox.org/users/Rainar
> Trading with anyone in Europe!

Would a safer postal order be:

Name / Company
Number + Street
Locale (if listed)
City
Zip/Post Code
Country

That's how it's normally laid out in the UK.

Enverex wrote:

Would a safer postal order be:

Name / Company
Number + Street
Locale (if listed)
City
Zip/Post Code
Country

That's how it's normally laid out in the UK.

You prove my point: Address labels should not be form-generated, since they differ too much in different countries and regions.

Would it be better to have a customizable label, or determine format based on country?

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Apparently this is a complicated topic smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_(g … ess_format

sebi wrote:

Apparently this is a complicated topic smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_(g … ess_format

And that is why users should have the freedom the post their full labels in the format they desire. It used to be like this on deckbox before and that was perfectly fine. No need to implement all the rules you can find on wiki if the users can just do it for you, right?

Rainar wrote:

No need to implement all the rules you can find on wiki if the users can just do it for you, right?

That is true, but I *do* need to implement the changes to the system anyway, and migrate current addresses to the new format for trades and orders, and address page UI, etc etc smile, so in either case there's work to be done.

Not saying we won't change it, might be that you are right, and it's the best option, just thinking about the possibilities...

sebi wrote:

Not saying we won't change it, might be that you are right, and it's the best option, just thinking about the possibilities...

Which I approve, there is always another option, so good to keep the eyes open!

Think you might have introduced a bug accidentally...Artifact Lands are showing up in the artifact section suddenly rather than lands.  I'm assuming this is unintended as it's not in your notes.

Post's attachments

BuggedArtifactLands.PNG 32.14 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

ArtosKincaid wrote:

Think you might have introduced a bug accidentally...Artifact Lands are showing up in the artifact section suddenly rather than lands.  I'm assuming this is unintended as it's not in your notes.

It's a feature not a bug. wink
Seriously, it's not a bug because both land and artifact fall under card type according to mtg rules so it's correct for them to show in any of those categories. It's a matter of developers choice where they will show up. But this should be mentioned in changelog if it was intended.

Last edited by migrena (2014-05-24 12:12:14)

Apostrophe problem is back... In trade names in any case.

Perhaps it'd be a nice touch if you could sort trades by status / alphabet / etc.?

Things can get pretty hectic when you have two dozen pending trades (or more like a dozen dozen in some users' cases).