Topic: v3.12: Sorting by count in sets, Optional Min Price column

This is an 'iceberg' type release, in that you can only see a couple of minor changes, but in fact there are a lot of other things under the hood.

The small changes are:

- The Avg Price is now in its own column in set listings, so it's aligned nicer
- The Min Price is removed from the default set listings, and can be re-enabled as an optional column from the Columns dropdown.
- You can now sort by Inventory Count / Tradelist Count / Wishlist Count in-place in all the sets, decks and card database again, it works with no redirects.
- fixed some corner cases in price parsing - https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23894
- fixed some minor set sorting/filtering bugs
- some other minor styling and layouting changes

There are many more structural changes under the hood that enable faster development for upcoming features, better performance for users with very large collections, and paves the way for the releases to come.

Because of these changes, there might be some weirdness / regressions / bugs introduced, if you spot any, please let me know in this thread, they will be fixed as soon as possible.

Re: v3.12: Sorting by count in sets, Optional Min Price column

That's so cool! I'm loving these updates!!!

Hi Sebi,

It looks like something is causing the promo thumbnail to produce an error.

http://i.imgur.com/tCPCBX3.jpg

It seems that since the update, the types of cards within decks are organised alphabetically. Personally, I liked the fact that Lands were at the bottom (now the are followed by Planeswalkers). But I really like that this breakdown according to types has been implemented in the sideboard as well.

Last edited by vikirosen (2014-11-30 15:35:21)

http://pwp.wizards.com/5208063897/Scorecards/Landscape.png

@almundjoy Fixed promo icon.

@vikirosen Initially I did that by mistake, but then I thought perhaps it makes more sense for it to be alphabetical? As we already have quite a few types (although most of them will not appear in most decks): Artifact, Conspiracy, Creature, Emblem, Enchantment, Instant, Land, Phenomenon, Plane, Planeswalker, Scheme, Sorcery, Token, Vanguard

Not sure, open to suggestions...

sebi wrote:

@vikirosen Initially I did that by mistake, but then I thought perhaps it makes more sense for it to be alphabetical? As we already have quite a few types (although most of them will not appear in most decks): Artifact, Conspiracy, Creature, Emblem, Enchantment, Instant, Land, Phenomenon, Plane, Planeswalker, Scheme, Sorcery, Token, Vanguard

Not sure, open to suggestions...

I like the idea of them being in alphabetical order, with the exceptions that Lands be at the bottom.

I definitely second lands being at the bottom. This is especially useful in EDH decks, where there are a large number of different types of lands.

As far as the rest of the types go, I really liked having creatures at the top. To me, it helps to order cards into "things that are creatures," "things that are not creatures," and land. So Creatures, non-lands, alphabetically, then lands. Maybe this is just the decks I tend to build, tho I often see this pattern elsewhere. Perhaps "extras" should be grouped as well: Emblems, Conspiracies, etc.: things that aren't cast.

Looks like there may be an issue with filtering the inventory now. Not sure if this is related or not. Seems all the filtering options do not work any more. Filter for only white and you get all colors returned. Filter for just creatures and instants and sorcery cards are returned as well.

I'm also seeing a lot of bugs with filtering that weren't there before the update. Search fields (e.g. name, subtype) seem to work, but not select fields (type, format, color).

Update: the edition filter seems to work normally.

Last edited by jbhannah (2014-11-30 22:34:10)

Not sure if I'm supposed to report bugs here, but I see alot of other people doing it so here it goes smile
Whenever I use the 'View' -> 'Text Card List' (i.e. the previous 'Tools' -> 'Print' option) I get an incorrect sideboard printout.
I believe the main decks are printed correctly.
This seems to occur since the latest update.
This occurs in all my decks.

Hope this helps!

It's feels very strange to have anything above lands in the deck view.

Would it be possible to allow for more personal deck views? I would like to choose how many type categories that are shown (rest would be other), and to adjust how sideboards are shown.

For instance, I would like to choose to show all my decks by 'creatures', 'other spells' and 'lands', and my sideboards without categories and in alphabetical order (before this update they were shown by CMC).

Bonus: the option of individual display setting for each format.

In general, I would like to see a settings page. Today, there isn't a page for my profile where I can see my settings (hide inventory, displayed fields for the deck view).

Edit: Like cyclotis04 points out, extras like emblems and tokens can now be added to a deck (neat!), but adding to deck deck count and being sorted together with the cards in the deck seems strange (misimplementation?). Could you add tokens, emblems and other stuff as 'accessory' below the sideboard?

Example: https://deckbox.org/sets/707538 (my now 63 card B/W Tokens deck with tokens and emblem)

Bonus: make the accessory section autoupdate when token/emblem-generating cards get added/removed from a deck list.

Last edited by torgeir (2014-11-30 23:09:15)

Hi there; I appreciate all the work you do!

Just a question: As of today, I can no longer see Total Cards and Unique Cards at the top of my inventory list. Is there a way to turn this on again, or did it get moved?

Thanks!

here's another vote for lands being on the bottom

Is it possible to set my deck view back to the original set up? No offense, but I'm not digging the new layout.

Here's another bug - when I look at other people's decks, the "available in your inventory" column isn't working - its just all zeros straight down, even though I have many of these cards. Can you fix? I like knowing if I have most of the cards in decks i see when researching.

Hello Sebi, thank you for all the work you have and are doing, i use this site alot to build and theory craft decks before ordering cards. if you could please either let us sort in which order the type of cards are displayed, or reverse it to how it was before with creatures, instant, ect. that would be most helpful. thank you for your time. have a nice night.

Previous deck category sorting order is back by popular demand.

Other fixes:
- color, format, type filters work properly again
- text listing for decks (former print) now correctly lists sideboard
- "in my inventory" counts are back when viewing other people's decks

torgeir wrote:

It's feels very strange to have anything above lands in the deck view.

Would it be possible to allow for more personal deck views? I would like to choose how many type categories that are shown (rest would be other), and to adjust how sideboards are shown.

For instance, I would like to choose to show all my decks by 'creatures', 'other spells' and 'lands', and my sideboards without categories and in alphabetical order (before this update they were shown by CMC).

Bonus: the option of individual display setting for each format.

In general, I would like to see a settings page. Today, there isn't a page for my profile where I can see my settings (hide inventory, displayed fields for the deck view).

Edit: Like cyclotis04 points out, extras like emblems and tokens can now be added to a deck (neat!), but adding to deck deck count and being sorted together with the cards in the deck seems strange (misimplementation?). Could you add tokens, emblems and other stuff as 'accessory' below the sideboard?

Example: https://deckbox.org/sets/707538 (my now 63 card B/W Tokens deck with tokens and emblem)

Bonus: make the accessory section autoupdate when token/emblem-generating cards get added/removed from a deck list.

I really like the idea of being able to personally set up the way decks are visualised. I realise it's probably a feature which requires some time to implement, but I think everybody would benefit from it.

When sorting inventory by 'edition', there is no long an automatic sort by rarity as well.  Reading through someone else's tradelist seems to lack organization now.

Thanks! (And I forgot to mention how awesome you are in my previous post.)

Big fan of all the new features so far, my sole complaint is that decks' default is now to have the card names grouped by type in alphabetical order. It was previously grouped by type, and then by ascending mana cost. I liked this much better, as it seems like a much more logical way to order the deck, as well as giving a better idea of mana curve. I realize this is still possible, but it now takes an extra click each time a page is loaded. Can we change this back to the default, or at least add a setting that allows you to choose what the default view is? Thank you.

Last edited by glasscobra (2014-12-01 18:40:26)

I actually like the alphabetical listing, and usually have to click to get that, as it's how I usually view.

I'd like to see the print deck list option come back.  I don't always want the DCI deck list, just a list of the cards.

Thanks for all you do.

Can we get the edition printed filter back for main inventory?

Talus21 wrote:

I'd like to see the print deck list option come back.  I don't always want the DCI deck list, just a list of the cards.

Thanks for all you do.

Still available, just renamed & moved to the View menu. Sorry for the confusion, but users complained that "Print" is misleading.