Topic: Primal Surge deck (edh)

I'm trying to collect some cards for my newest EDH deck codename: elvish distraction primal deck flop ^_^

It is a green black deck that ramps out mana in the form of elves, and plays a few tutors for primal surge so that you can puke your library onto the field. So to do this right I can ONLY have permanents in the deck, which greatly limits me on tutors. I'm gonna play defense of the heart and fauna shaman to fetch a rune scarred demon. I need a planar portal too and a marlen of mornsong. If there other permanent tutors that would work to fetch either a creature or a sorcery I need those too! Other than that it is a tribal elf deck so I need elves! I have a decent chunk so I will post what have already in a deck list.

But yeah if anyone has any cards to suggest or trade let me know!

http://deckbox.org/sets/193455
I also might need a win con, though an army of elves should do the trick in most cases. I thought about sanguine bond + exquisite blood but they are kinda feeble on their own. But I do own both so they might make the cut. Other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by shifty4690 (2012-06-30 13:08:17)

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

Re: Primal Surge deck (edh)

Concordant Crossroads seems like a perfect fit for this deck. It lets you bash everyone for a million the turn you play Primal Surge.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/ … rseid=1519

Yeah I was actually lucky enough to pick one up. I forgot about that as a win con because it is just a one drop but you are right! Swinging with a bajillion hasty elves will be my main plan smile This deck is going to be SO FUN.

Tradelist | Wishist

What about Craterhoof Behemoth?  Also, Boseiju Who Shelters All would be a nice land to fecth with Primeval to make sure your Primal surge doesn't get countered.

My Tradelist          My Wishlist
Work hard, play harder, rest easy.

Liliana Vess will also let you search for the Primal Surge.  And Night Dealings.
And I was going to suggest the Craterhoof Behemoth as well.

Last edited by NullParameter (2012-06-30 15:39:59)

Both night dealing and Vess work great! And the behemoth will make my army quite lethal so I'll add that to my wish list too! Thanks for the great suggestions so far!

Tradelist | Wishist

Descendant's path could work to get more creatures out, and I've been playing Centaur Glade in my elf deck as a late game mana dump (3GG enchantment, 2GG put a 3/3 green centaur token into play).