Topic: Shipping Costs

Hi all.  I am looking for someone with experience to view how I have my shipping costs setup.  I want to cover my costs, but not rip people off lol.

Re: Shipping Costs

Here is my shipping setup. Might be easier to see how I have structured it and do something similar? These prices do not include any additional charge for packing materials, etc. I take that out of my end. As you get into the higher tiers of insured postage, there's a larger gap between actual cost and what I charge here - for instance, I think I overcharged by a buck or two on an insured package awhile back. When that happens, I just issue a refund or have them pick out some extra value.

http://i.imgur.com/WVJ8ryb.png

Last edited by ReliquaryTower (2017-06-05 17:47:47)

Thank you so much!

Thanks for posting the listing, RT.  neutral

No problem - and thanks for filling that order for me a year or two back. Probably took forever, but it helped me complete a few sets.

Can I ask how you process your shipments? Meaning, what systems do you use to generate a label, add insurance, etc? Do you physically go to the post office for that?

Apologies for necroposting. lol

I use the PayPal shipping label program on the PayPal site for generating my shipping labels.... they're cheaper than the post office.
There is also stamps.com... but i've not checked them out personally.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to what's most comfortable for you big_smile

I use Paypal for postage/insurance/services and print the label it generates at home. I've got a post office around the corner from my office so I usually walk over and drop off the packages so that I can be sure they are scanned in.

What a great thread. Thank you guys, very insightful

Last edited by theNeverwas (2018-09-22 19:11:25)