Topic: [Feature Request] Feedback for local trades

I just had a local trading partner bail on a trade.  We agreed more than a week before on the cards to be exchanged.  It was not our first trade.  For the first two, I drove to his hometown to complete the trades.  For the third, I asked him to take a turn driving to my town (<10 minutes from where he works).  Each time I contacted him for a status, he had some other reason for not coming yet, or stated that he was planning to stop by later that day.

He backed out more than a week after agreeing.  Were it a mail trade, I could have left feedback.  As the trade type was local, I cannot. [I won't name him here, because it is not my intent to shame anyone.]

There really needs to be a feedback feature for local trades. It need not calculate into the mail trade rating, but it should be available for other potential trading partners to review.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: [Feature Request] Feedback for local trades

Thanks for the detailed situation / use case description. We agree with your solution, and added it to the todo list. Local trades will have feedback, but scoring will not count for total user score.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if 2 users trade local through the site, why *shouldn't* local feedback be included in the rating?

MMJuno wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but if 2 users trade local through the site, why *shouldn't* local feedback be included in the rating?

Because you're unlikely to get shafted on a local trade.

the_wizard_666 wrote:

Because you're unlikely to get shafted on a local trade.

While there's truth to that statement, it still stands somewhat as a measure of... I don't know... decency (?)... in that person's trades. I guess I can see not merging the 2, but I think there's reasoning to at least have a separate local trade rating, perhaps.

On the other hand, as it stands now, there's nothing to stop people from putting in a local trade as a mail trade just to get the rating...

/shrug

Last edited by MMJuno (2012-08-22 03:43:16)