Topic: This appears to be a dead site

Is this a dead site? I mean 0 trades so far.

Re: This appears to be a dead site

From my point of view, it's not dead at all. I get plenty of trades and sales. I took a look at your profile, you might have a better time getting trades if you upload more cards for trade. Right now I can only see 6 cards on your tradelist. Try uploading more cards or setting more cards available for trade and see if that helps.

Islanzadi38 wrote:

From my point of view, it's not dead at all. I get plenty of trades and sales. I took a look at your profile, you might have a better time getting trades if you upload more cards for trade. Right now I can only see 6 cards on your tradelist. Try uploading more cards or setting more cards available for trade and see if that helps.

400+ haves. You saw someone elses list or something.
Hell, there is not any real activity on the boards. Is this site just for sharks and/or stores?

Revenger wrote:

I'm wondering if they were referring to the "Trading opportunities" section on your profile, which will only show cards from your tradelist that are in someone's wishlist. Makes sense why they'd only see 6 then; I see zero for myself.

While you do indeed have 400+ cards for trade, their point still stands -- the more cards you have listed for trade, especially desirable cards, the more matches there will be with other people's wishlists. And that's what increases the visibility of your tradelist.

You can also always post in the trading forums asking for trades. Then people might browse your list specifically and find stuff that's not on their wishlists.

Revenger wrote:

Hell, there is not any real activity on the boards. Is this site just for sharks and/or stores?

Define real activity? These forums may not be anyone's central place for chatting about MTG at the end of the day. But it's certainly not dead. When there's site announcements, people respond. When someone suggests a feature request, if it's universal enough, you'll see others chiming in. When people post haves and wants as I suggested above, there may not be a ton of responses on the thread itself, but you can tell by how they update their wants list that people are seeing the post and sending them trades.

Probably the one forum that's actually really sad is the deck building forum. Very few people post in it, and when they do, they may not even get a response. I could wish there were more participation there, but ah well -- other sites have a greater focus on being for deck building, and I think people interact on those other sites instead of here.

meldon44 wrote:
Revenger wrote:

I'm wondering if they were referring to the "Trading opportunities" section on your profile, which will only show cards from your tradelist that are in someone's wishlist. Makes sense why they'd only see 6 then; I see zero for myself.

While you do indeed have 400+ cards for trade, their point still stands -- the more cards you have listed for trade, especially desirable cards, the more matches there will be with other people's wishlists. And that's what increases the visibility of your tradelist.

You can also always post in the trading forums asking for trades. Then people might browse your list specifically and find stuff that's not on their wishlists.

Revenger wrote:

Define real activity? These forums may not be anyone's central place for chatting about MTG at the end of the day. But it's certainly not dead. When there's site announcements, people respond. When someone suggests a feature request, if it's universal enough, you'll see others chiming in. When people post haves and wants as I suggested above, there may not be a ton of responses on the thread itself, but you can tell by how they update their wants list that people are seeing the post and sending them trades.
I

Since then there appears to be only sharks here, is there another trading site that actually trades cards and has activity?

When I first joined here 8+ years ago, my 4th trade I was ripped off for like $100 of cards. Mods just shrugged and said nothing they can do bout it. It appears I returned to a dead site and/or filled with sharks. So not getting one trade in over a week does not really surprise me.
Pity.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by dead, there are thousands of active users. As meldon44 said, the forums are not really as used as they used to since most people discuss things on other forums/reddit etc. That does not mean there are no trades or users smile

Revenger wrote:

When I first joined here 8+ years ago, my 4th trade I was ripped off for like $100 of cards. Mods just shrugged and said nothing they can do bout it.
Pity.

Do you have multiple accounts here? What is the account you were ripped off on?

sebi wrote:
Revenger wrote:

When I first joined here 8+ years ago, my 4th trade I was ripped off for like $100 of cards. Mods just shrugged and said nothing they can do bout it.
Pity.

This account here. Its been since 2012. Thus why I took a major hiatus and very hesitant of returning.
It says I have like 5 completed trades. 5th trade iirc was the rip off one.

Revenger wrote:
sebi wrote:
Revenger wrote:

Pity.

This account here. Its been since 2012. Thus why I took a major hiatus and very hesitant of returning.

You only seem to have canceled trades, nothing finished, and I can find no email conversation, ticket or forum conversation, so I'm not sure what incident you are referring to.

In general though, there is nothing the site can do in case of fraud, except to try to prevent it by banning problematic traders, and providing sane guidelines and advice for trading:

https://deckbox.org/help/trade_rules
https://deckbox.org/help/trade_guidelines

As far as I know there are no other websites or systems that can do anything more than that in case of trade fraud.

sebi wrote:
Revenger wrote:
sebi wrote:

You only seem to have canceled trades, nothing finished, and I can find no email conversation, ticket or forum conversation, so I'm not sure what incident you are referring to.

In general though, there is nothing the site can do in case of fraud, except to try to prevent it by banning problematic traders, and providing sane guidelines and advice for trading:

As far as I know there are no other websites or systems that can do anything more than that in case of trade fraud.

Yes I was ripped off on this site. A trade sent to the UK. Please do not say otherwise. Its one of the reason I have not returned in such a long time.

Revenger wrote:
sebi wrote:
Revenger wrote:

Yes I was ripped off on this site. A trade sent to the UK. Please do not say otherwise. Its one of the reason I have not returned in such a long time.

Ive even managed to find out who the trader was. Ironically, same freaking trader cancelled a trade ehen I first returned on Dec 1st.

Revenger wrote:

Dude, I would also be super ticked if I got ripped off, so I get it. But we're all just trying to discuss it with you and potentially help, and you're being rather antagonistic.

All we can go on is what we see in your trade history. I presume the other trader you're referencing is Joseph Brown? Considering that's the only repeated trade partner and he's in the UK. And as you said, the Dec '21 trade with him was cancelled. However, the old trade from 2012 also shows as cancelled before addresses were ever exchanged.

Having said that, no one is discounting your story -- just pointing out our confusion based on what we can see. What is needed from you, instead of detail-less expressions of frustration, would be data that reveals facts that are not shown in the trade history that's available on the website. For instance, how was it that you both exchanged addresses and initiated a trade without completing it on Deckbox? Again, not discounting your story, but there's no way to further discuss this in a meaningful way without more details.

meldon44 wrote:
Revenger wrote:

Dude, I would also be super ticked if I got ripped off, so I get it. But we're all just trying to discuss it with you and potentially help, and you're being rather antagonistic.

All we can go on is what we see in your trade history. I presume the other trader you're referencing is Joseph Brown? Considering that's the only repeated trade partner and he's in the UK. And as you said, the Dec '21 trade with him was cancelled. However, the old trade from 2012 also shows as cancelled before addresses were ever exchanged.

Having said that, no one is discounting your story -- just pointing out our confusion based on what we can see. What is needed from you, instead of detail-less expressions of frustration, would be data that reveals facts that are not shown in the trade history that's available on the website. For instance, how was it that you both exchanged addresses and initiated a trade without completing it on Deckbox? Again, not discounting your story, but there's no way to further discuss this in a meaningful way without more details.

Everything was done through email iirc.  Unfortunately I dont have the emails from 9 years ago. The deckbox site then was setup that closely resembles classic magictraders.com site that still remains. (Even though it just an empty shell now).
I am quite sure this site has changed in 9 years. So I am sure there is no way to see this.
Whats sad is all I remember from the trade is one of the cards was an original Scalding Tarn.

Now that I have looked at this site more, I cant even find a way to start a trade. Not even through email like in the old days!

I found the emails regarding the trade. It is the same person. Who and Where and how do I send it to?

Last edited by Revenger (2021-12-11 20:09:46)

Revenger wrote:

I found the emails regarding the trade. It is the same person. Who and Where and how do I send it to?

It would be Sebi. Best way is to open a support ticket from the help page (Contact, Support & Feedback on the top left of that page), so the emails can be handled discreetly.

meldon44 wrote:
Revenger wrote:

It would be Sebi. Best way is to open a support ticket from the help page (Contact, Support & Feedback on the top left of that page), so the emails can be handled discreetly.

Done.

I dontt expect to refunded or compensated for the lost cards, as I have accepted it as I was ripped off.
However, the responses the first time I got from yall was very disappointing, as I feel yall just shrugged your shoulders and said there is nothing we can do bout it.

It is good to see yall have preventive cautions now and discourage overseas trading.

(How the hell do I initiate a new trade now in the site????)

Revenger wrote:
Islanzadi38 wrote:

Yea, I must have been looking at the main page of your wishlist. It shows I only have 6 cards you need. I now see the 400+ you have on your trade list, it looks like your wishlist only has 20 cards on it though. My mistake. But yea, what the other guy said is true. The more cards you list that you have and that you need, the better chance you have of getting trades. I have i think 6 you are looking for but it doesn't show you up as a recommended trade for me cus there is nothing on your tradelist that I need on my wishlist.

Revenger wrote:

(How the hell do I initiate a new trade now in the site????)

On the left hand side menu you select trading opportunites and then pick a user name that shows up that has some cards you would like. Once you do, click there name and it will open their page. Then on the left hand menu again, you will see an option that says new trade with "username" Click that button and it will ask you about doing a mail or in person trade and have you confirm you accept the rules and then it will open the lists where you can chat with them and put cards on both sides to propose a trade.

Also chiming in, I occasionally sell and make trades,but frequently it's a problem of your "haves" not being matched up with other's "wants".  You can try filtering in the trade opportunities section, sometimes people will consider a "value oriented" trade that doesn't include things on their wish list.

As for myself I've been on the site for years, and go through periods of more active trading and other times not so much.   for the price you cannot beat the value of the site.

elpablo wrote:

Also chiming in, I occasionally sell and make trades,but frequently it's a problem of your "haves" not being matched up with other's "wants".  You can try filtering in the trade opportunities section, sometimes people will consider a "value oriented" trade that doesn't include things on their wish list.

As for myself I've been on the site for years, and go through periods of more active trading and other times not so much.   for the price you cannot beat the value of the site.

This site is very dead. I wasted $10 on being able to sell cards
0 trades completed since Dec 1
1 trade offer since Dec 1
0 sales offers since Dec 1.
0 sales completed since Dec 1.

I cant even seem to get my money back from the wasted $10 spent.

Everything is "matched" up. But no activity means nothing. Means no trades/sales.
It is what it is.

~Revenger

Revenger wrote:
elpablo wrote:

This site is very dead. I wasted $10 on being able to sell cards
0 trades completed since Dec 1
1 trade offer since Dec 1
0 sales offers since Dec 1.
0 sales completed since Dec 1.

I cant even seem to get my money back from the wasted $10 spent.

Everything is "matched" up. But no activity means nothing. Means no trades/sales.
It is what it is.

~Revenger

The loss of pucatrade has totally crippled my trading.
Shit happens.

If you're angling to make trades happen, you may have to draw attention to your lists.  Post in the trade forum, post in reddit groups, post in facebook groups. 

It's not as easy as setting/forgetting.  Deckbox is not going to automate your trades for you.