Topic: *redacted*

*redacted*

Last edited by LootPinata (2012-09-26 15:40:07)

Re: *redacted*

I know this was made right after I canceled a trade with you.  I'm sorry I don't want to ship to Canada.  My profile does strictly say I only want to trade with people in My Country. 

I traded with a Canadian once and it was a hassle.  I had to go to the Post Office (not exactly near my house), pay a ton more for postage, and declare customs which was awkward for me. 

Personally, for me, the extra effort of trading with Canadians isn't worth it to me.  I'm sorry I obviously pissed you off about this.

Best of luck in your trades.

It would be nice if there was an option to say something like "my continent" instead of either my country or worldwide.

I live close to a post office, thankfully..  It's a pain having to go in during business hours and talk to someone instead of going in whenever and using the machine, but that's the only real hassle.  The customs form takes maybe a few minutes and that's it.

And my map just shows a vague outline of something north of the US, with "here be moose" written on it.  You can't blame us tongue

I haven't had to fill out a customs form ever, nor do I have to drive a long way to get to the post office.  But the fact of the matter does remain that 1) shipping is most definitely more expensive, 2) things can get caught up in customs for up to two months (seen it happen personally) and 3) there is basically no way to track your shipment unless you want to pay upwards of $16.

I, myself, have done a few trades to Canada without any issues thus far (one being with you, I do believe), but I also know that I've been screwed over by people before claiming that "cards never arrived" or other such things, and in cases like that 1) I'd like to have tracking available when shipping more expensive cards, so they have no excuses and 2) If something does happen to go wrong, not have to pay even more for shipping again to ship back cards because mine "never arrived".

So yes, there is some hassle to the matter.  For some it isn't a huge deal, especially those shipping generally smaller trades.  For me, I find a little anxiety wrapping up $40 in cards in a regular envelope and a couple stamps and sending it to somewhere that I have literally no way of knowing if/when it will ever get there.  And, personally, I take a little offense to your statement about us "silly confused Americans", making it sound like we're an entirely incompetent group who can't ship "to *gasp* another country", when, in fact, it is probably more along the lines that we don't want to ship to Canada because the increased risk, additional shipping cost and possible time delays are not worth it to us.

Last edited by NullParameter (2012-09-26 14:02:52)