Re: Release 2.0: Collection interface changes, MANY trading rules changes

Just a little improvement I would like to see.  Could the trading opportunities lists (both on the profile and when looking at a specific card) only show those people who you would trade with?  It's a little frustrating to be hunting for a good trade and have to sift through a dozen pages of people who live all over the world, when I can only afford to trade in my country.

While on the subject of trading opportunities, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to allow sorting by "Can Give"as opposed to by "Can Get"?  I have a long wish list, but few people want what I have stocked up, so it would be easier for me to find realistic trade opportunities from the other direction.

gcwarden wrote:

While on the subject of trading opportunities, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to allow sorting by "Can Give"as opposed to by "Can Get"?  I have a long wish list, but few people want what I have stocked up, so it would be easier for me to find realistic trade opportunities from the other direction.

This would be awesome!

Can you add an option to pack all different versions of a card you have in one row again like it used to be?
Btw Korean language is missing. Also please bing back the column, that told you how many of a certain card were in use in your decks.

The little icon showing it is used in some decks shows almost never for me, although the cards are used in multiple decks.

Last edited by Fropper (2012-12-31 04:58:26)

just noticed this bug:

when a person has not placed an edition to items in their inventory, the edition sort tab does not work as it used to. it now omits all cards without an edition notation. I hope i am explaining this in a way that is understandable to the coders/IT.

I love the update, thanks! One thing, though. Previously there were markers if one didn't have certain cards from his decks in his inventory. Now there's no info beside a zero in the first column. I'd be very happy to have the feature back.

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile

Love the new update! Noticed a bug though. When I try to click the scroll bar of Edit Details to scroll down, it causes the window to disappear. I'm running Safari 5.1.7 on Mac 10.6.8

Also, I just updated my wishlist so that cards have specified editions. After doing so, for some reason, people who used to have cards I want no longer display so. For example, this person showed having 23 cards from my wishlist. I entered specific editions and this person no longer has any cards for me. I checked his tradelist and he has specified edition as well.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited by apyrexia (2012-12-31 16:37:58)

sebi wrote:

The M13 card prices have been updated and should be fine now.

Sebi, thanks for your swift response and for fixing the M13 prices. They are all better now. :-)

sebi wrote:

I'm not sure I follow your example, are you referring to selecting an edition in the card details panel? I admit we haven't really tested it too much on tablets, we'll try to do it soon (because tablets rock and we would love deckbox to work great on them tongue).

Actually, it's any interaction where a tool tip appears over, or adjacent to, a link or button. Two examples: when clicking on any of my decks, I see a tool tip with the deck's name appear to the right of the link when I click/tap it, but I need to click/tap on the deck's name again to actually get to it. Also, for my earlier example, yes, I was referring to selecting an edition for a card. It's relatively easy enough to change once I know where to go, but it is a bit awkward at first. I keep thinking I need to click/tap on the tool tip to make the change vs. the icon. Also, the target zone on an tablet is a bit small unless I zoom in.

I'm very pleased to know that you and the Deckbox crew are happy to accommodate tablet users such as myself. I would be more than happy to test any features you like from my iPad or Android phone.

I love it! My only significant concerns are with the trading opportunities are and this is being worked on for the next update so I am very happy.

One thing that I think went backwards in the trading area is the removal of the cancelled trades. If someone had few or no completed trades I would check to see if they had a lot of cancelled trades and avoid them if they did. I started doing this after proposing a trade with the user Vyr1s. He comes up at near the top of my trade opportunities and his profile indicates he is willing to trade worldwide. I put together a trade proposal and one point and never heard back. I then looked at his cancelled trades and he had dozens of them. I suspect he has over 100 now but cannot check this anymore. As usual he has a bunch of proposals in front of him, one initiated in May. The amount of time people must have spent proposing all of these trades is likely huge. I am guessing he gets a good chuckle out of it.

Perhaps instead of listing cancelled trades, you could just list the number of cancelled trades. If people saw that someone has 0 completed trades and over 100 cancelled ones I doubt anyone would waste time proposing new ones.

Hello Sebi,

Before I start with the nitpicking, I should say that the hard work you put in is overwhelming positive.  Thanks!

The following stuff has mostly been said before, but I figure that multiple posts let you know what people care about.  It would be great to collapse the inventory view to card name only, just like the previous version of deckbox.  While there are times that I would want to see all my different Giant Growths listed out, I usually just want to see how many I have. 

When the only difference between cards is the date added, I would prefer not to see them displayed separately.  Others might not like this idea, but I would suggest that when I add a card, every card in my inventory with the same name would have its "Date Added" field updated.  That way, they would be grouped together.  The new card entry interface is a bit confusing, but I'm going to give it time.  There is a learning curve to everything, and I may end up liking this better than the old one.

Anyway, here are the two main points of the above paragraph.  When I enter a new card, I'd like to see how many I have in total.  And I would like to view my cards grouped by card name.

I don't know how to improve this, but I don't quite like that tradelist entries with unspecified editions show up as separate lines in my inventory.  It looks like I have more cards because of the extra lines.  More importantly, I don't really want to specify editions.  Consider the following example:  I have 4 revised Wanderlust and 2 4th edition Wanderlust.  I only need 4 total, so I'll trade 2.  If someone is looking for 2 revised versions, they could have them.  Or if someone wants 2 4th edition, they could have them.  I don't want to miss out on any trading opportunities by specifying editions.  Basically, I want to make sure that people who want a wanderlust can find me no matter which edition they want.  Of course, I know that no one actually wants Wanderlust;)

A couple of actual bugs (I think). 
-When pop-up windows (such as the Edit Details interface) have scrollbars, the window disappears when I try to click on the scroll bar. 
-Some of my cards (Phyrexian Walker, for example) display a decks icon indicating that they are present in decks.  Other cards (Careful Study) are in decks, but do not show the icon.  I couldn't think of a reason for this.
-Also, I think card entries should go away when everything is set to zero.  I have two entries for Phyrexian Walker.  One has 5 inventory, 1 tradelist, 0 wishlist.  The other is all zeros.  That may not be an actual bug, but I liked the old method better.   I'm using windows 7, firefox 17.0.1.

Finally, I'd like to be able to sort by tradelist and inventory counts again (which only makes sense if you can group by card name).  I generally trade cards when I have more than four, so sorting this way helps me keep my tradelist updated.

Okay, this is my last edit wink  - After using the add cards widget a little bit, I think it's great.  I just wish that it didn't add a card immediately upon selecting the card's name.  Can you make two versions?  A quick-add version like the one in place, and also a version where you have to click apply before anything hits inventory.  That would be fantastic.

Thanks again - this is an amazing site!

Last edited by madoli (2012-12-31 15:58:45)

gmabber wrote:

I love the update, thanks!

This! I'm loving the update as well. Already I have saved time looking up edition-specific prices in trades and communcating these to the other party!

gmabber wrote:

One thing, though. Previously there were markers if one didn't have certain cards from his decks in his inventory. Now there's no info beside a zero in the first column. I'd be very happy to have the feature back.

Also this: I was in love with the yellow icon (for wishlisted) and the red icon (for neither on wishlist or tradelist), because it let me visually scan a newly imported list and let me know how far away from completing said list i was.

Thanks a lot guys for your feedback. It really helps a lot!

We fixed some of the reported issues, and we still have a bunch to fix smile

We take it people are missing the deck count warnings, and Laura has implemented a red highlight for the deck counts in the cases where they're bigger than inventory counts.

We are still monitoring feedback for the Add Widget, which - I agree - could be made a bit more intuitive. Still thinking about what improvements to make there.

Also it looks like a lot of people were fans of the sortable count columns, so we will try to bring them back.

Notably some issues still open and which have high priority are bugs related to sorting collections by price / edition and deck indicators.

Bug fixes have priority right now, we'll post more about "design" type issues in the coming days (add widget, grouping of cards, trading opportunities etc)

Thanks again for all your input, we couldn't do this without you guys smile

Hi again - I just found that I can't post messages in the trade chat for an open trade.  When I type a message and press enter or click "Send Message," it takes me back to my profile page.
Thanks again for working so hard on this stuff!

madoli wrote:

Hi again - I just found that I can't post messages in the trade chat for an open trade.  When I type a message and press enter or click "Send Message," it takes me back to my profile page.
Thanks again for working so hard on this stuff!

Same issue for me.  I can't verify my address either.

One thing for people sending mail worldwide:  It looks like the address is saved as one long text string, and removes all of the line breaks.  That's fine for the US where we know what addresses look like.  However, if I am sending stuff to Europe or the middle east or somewhere, an address can be multiple lines and I have no idea how to write it out.  Please track the newline characters again!

Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time in reporting these bugs to us, it surely makes the whole release faster and smoother.
The trade chat should now be fixed, as well as changing the state of a trade. Please let us know if anything bad is still happening smile

sebi wrote:

Thanks a lot guys for your feedback. It really helps a lot!
We are still monitoring feedback for the Add Widget, which - I agree - could be made a bit more intuitive. Still thinking about what improvements to make there.

Also it looks like a lot of people were fans of the sortable count columns, so we will try to bring them back.

One thing I just noticed: The add widget gives a bunch of options for default values, but the foil/promo/autographed/etc field is not one of them.  I would want to add a whole pile of foils to my wantlist, can this field be added?

Also, count me one of the sortable column fans!

I can indeed post trade chat messages now.  Thanks for the fast fix!  Things that I pay for never have customer service as good as deckbox - you guys deserve a medal!  (Or a donate button...)

Only problem I have with this excellent update is when you are adding new cards into Deckbox... the system automatically assigns "1" to your trades.  If you delete the "1" that's in the trade column while still adding cards, Deckbox deletes the card you just added and you have to add it again.  Once you are out of the add cards widget you can manipulate the trading column.

Thank you!

I noticed that a lot of the feedback was being posted in this thread, so though I already posted in the other one, I just thought I'd post it here too.

Just throwing my 2 cents in smile

Firstly, I love the update. Especially the fact that prices are now per edition instead of for the global card.

In saying that, though, is there any chance we can get the column which shows how many of a card is in use in our decks? It's how I would sort out discrepancies between my inventory count and tradelist count.

Thanks, again

So I'm not sure whats happening here. When I search for Drogskol Captain and the page loads I can see I have 10 in my wishlist. If I select a user that has some to trade the page loads but drogskol captain isn't in the list of cards I need from them. I'm not exactly sure why.

Charlie

atomicashes wrote:

So I'm not sure whats happening here. When I search for Drogskol Captain and the page loads I can see I have 10 in my wishlist. If I select a user that has some to trade the page loads but drogskol captain isn't in the list of cards I need from them. I'm not exactly sure why.

Charlie

I posted a separate thread about this issue in the feedback forum. I too am not alway seeing all cards a person has on my wish list when viewing the trading opportunities section.

A brief bug, but one that was in release 1 as well: Séance has no price at all.

Nighthawk wrote:

One thing for people sending mail worldwide:  It looks like the address is saved as one long text string, and removes all of the line breaks.  That's fine for the US where we know what addresses look like.  However, if I am sending stuff to Europe or the middle east or somewhere, an address can be multiple lines and I have no idea how to write it out.  Please track the newline characters again!

I'm having this problem, too.  The address I confirm has all the carriage returns, but the address that gets posted to the screen has them all stripped out.  Definitely a regression there.

FINALLY.  I finally figured out the bug that was driving me 1000% nuts, with the Edit (inventory) popup.

If you go to change the edition of a card, and you manage to click in the whitespace either above or below the list of editions, in closes the entire popup (both levels).  This happens not infrequently.  The bottom edition should extend to the bottom of that pulldown, and the top edition should probably extend to the top of the pulldown.  Or, at the very least, that whitespace should not close the popup window.

I can take a screenshot if you need, but go around and play with the edition pulldown and click on its edges.  You should see what I mean.

Whew!

Last edited by marumari (2013-01-02 00:36:23)

Thanks for the great update, it looks much better, some things  (like adding and editing cards) seem to be harder but maybe I'll have to get used to it. The only thing I want to ask (and somebody asked about it before) is: Is it possible to have the same cards in one row in inventory? If I have, let's say two copies of the same card but from different editions, they are listed separately making the list much longer. To be honest I don't really care about the editions but rather how many copies I have. Is it possible to switch views to make it in one row? Here's what I mean:

e.g. now I have
1 Detonate - 5th
1 Detonate - 4th
1 Detonate - Mirrodin

I'd prefer:
3 Detonate - 5th, 4th, Mirrodin

Archon wrote:

One thing that I think went backwards in the trading area is the removal of the cancelled trades. If someone had few or no completed trades I would check to see if they had a lot of cancelled trades and avoid them if they did. I started doing this after proposing a trade with the user Vyr1s. He comes up at near the top of my trade opportunities and his profile indicates he is willing to trade worldwide.

We've added the section back smile. It's now visible again at the bottom of the trades page for everyone.