Re: Release 2.0: Collection interface changes, MANY trading rules changes

marumari wrote:

FINALLY.  I finally figured out the bug that was driving me 1000% nuts, with the Edit (inventory) popup.

If you go to change the edition of a card, and you manage to click in the whitespace either above or below the list of editions, in closes the entire popup (both levels).  This happens not infrequently.  The bottom edition should extend to the bottom of that pulldown, and the top edition should probably extend to the top of the pulldown.  Or, at the very least, that whitespace should not close the popup window.

I can take a screenshot if you need, but go around and play with the edition pulldown and click on its edges.  You should see what I mean.

Whew!

Thanks a lot for finding that! Fixed it now.

Zuul36 wrote:

Only problem I have with this excellent update is when you are adding new cards into Deckbox... the system automatically assigns "1" to your trades.  If you delete the "1" that's in the trade column while still adding cards, Deckbox deletes the card you just added and you have to add it again.  Once you are out of the add cards widget you can manipulate the trading column.

Thank you!

It should only set your traded count to 1 if you are in your tradelist when adding. Can you check again if you are in your inventory and add a card, the counts in the new row that's highlighted should be 1 for inventory, 0 for tradelist.

apyrexia wrote:

Love the new update! Noticed a bug though. When I try to click the scroll bar of Edit Details to scroll down, it causes the window to disappear. I'm running Safari 5.1.7 on Mac 10.6.8

This is fixed now. Thanks for reporting

After using the new add cards widget for a little bit, I have to say that I like it a lot!  However, I would still like it not to actually add a card until I hit "Apply."

Great job on making the inventory pages update when you delete lines - it used to be the case that when you deleted a card, the page would just display one less line.  Now it grabs the next card and adds it to the page.  Just wanted to let you know that the subtle changes you made are noticed and appreciated.

Two more requests:
Can we get back the ability to see low and average prices by hovering over a price?  Or include some way to switch between prices without going to settings and back to the original page.  I like to see both low and average prices - any way to enable that should be fine by me.

Though I love the new add cards widget, I don't really want to see it when I'm looking at a new decklist and adding cards to my wishlist if I don't have them.  It that case, it's easier to just type in the yellow box, since I don't care about edition.  Or, it would be cool to have a button on the deck list page that automatically adds what you don't have to your wishlist.  Of course, I seem to be more acquisitive than the average user here, so perhaps this feature isn't widely desired. 

Thanks, as always, for this amazing site!

Wow! Thanks Sebi for quick updates! I love the red box!

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile

People have been talking about can get/can give counts not matching what shows up on other users' profile pages.  I don't think this has been said, so I'd like to point out that it seems to stem from specifying editions.  If someone wants Elves of Deep Shadow from The Dark, and your tradelist has it listed with no edition, it will show in the count on your profile, but it will not show as a potential trade on the other person's profile page.  I suggest that everyone leave details off of their wishlists unless they truly do care.

madoli wrote:

People have been talking about can get/can give counts not matching what shows up on other users' profile pages.  I don't think this has been said, so I'd like to point out that it seems to stem from specifying editions.  If someone wants Elves of Deep Shadow from The Dark, and your tradelist has it listed with no edition, it will show in the count on your profile, but it will not show as a potential trade on the other person's profile page.  I suggest that everyone leave details off of their wishlists unless they truly do care.

I would love to see cards of mismatched versions, or at least of unspecified versions, appear in the trading opportunities window. For example - I haven't specified the version of Ponder that I have. My partner has specified only Lorwyn version. It turns out that I have some from Lorwyn -- I'd at least like to see that we have a possible match. I have over 12K cards on here, and I can't possibly go back and enter the version on all of them, but in many cases possible trading matches aren't showing up.

I'd also love it if cards with only one version could auto-populate that version -- or at least, we could turn that on.

Lastly -- the default pricing -- I think it makes more sense to leave the default pricing of an unspecified card as the LOWEST priced version, as opposed to the most recent version -- it will provide an incentive for people to specify their versions, since adding the version can only increase your price/value.

madoli wrote:

I should say that the hard work you put in is overwhelming positive.  Thanks!

+1 x 10^39!

madoli wrote:

...I figure that multiple posts let you know what people care about.  It would be great to collapse the inventory view to card name only, just like the previous version of deckbox.  While there are times that I would want to see all my different Giant Growths listed out, I usually just want to see how many I have.

Personally, I hope we can get to the best-of-both-worlds solution: where each card name can collapse down to the basic view (name, counts, average price, etc.), but can also be displayed by edition and details.

madoli wrote:

When the only difference between cards is the date added, I would prefer not to see them displayed separately.  Others might not like this idea, but I would suggest that when I add a card, every card in my inventory with the same name would have its "Date Added" field updated.  That way, they would be grouped together.

I've noticed that they do appear differently when first added, but they do consolidate after refreshing my inventory (if all the same details).  Would you check to see if that is the same for you?

madoli wrote:

There is a learning curve to everything, and I may end up liking this better than the old one.

+1.  How true.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Yes, HikingStick - I found that when I enter or modify a card (by clicking apply on the widget, not by quick-entering a card) it does update all versions of that card.  Going forward, it looks good!  Right now, I'm updating my tradelist to match my inventory.  The generic cards that I had specified in my tradelist did not map to specific versions in my inventory (and I wouldn't have wanted them to), so I'm cleaning it up over the next few days.  I think the data for my cards will be in pretty good shape when I'm done with that.

I'll probably export to excel when I'm done and analyze it for any possible inconsistencies, because I'm a big nerd.

In deck view, when I sort by price, I see extra copies of a card displayed.  For example, one basal thrull appears 4 times (I presume this is due to the alternate art in fallen empires).  Swamp shows up 5 times, due to the 5 swamps in RTR.  Anyone else have this bug?

madoli wrote:

In deck view, when I sort by price, I see extra copies of a card displayed.  For example, one basal thrull appears 4 times (I presume this is due to the alternate art in fallen empires).  Swamp shows up 5 times, due to the 5 swamps in RTR.  Anyone else have this bug?

Thanks for reporting. It's fixed now.

Love the update, fixed a lot, if not most, of the issues from the previous version...

Can we get address formatting back if possible?  When you are confirming address it's formatted properly, and then when it shows the address for shipping it throws it all on to one line and can be confusing if you have a large address or special information in it.

marumari wrote:

I'm having this problem, too.  The address I confirm has all the carriage returns, but the address that gets posted to the screen has them all stripped out.  Definitely a regression there.

Fixed now, thanks!

A tiny fixable bug:

When you view somebody's profile and you're looking at the list of tradeable cards, the tooltip for both star icons read "Total in your wishlist".  In this case, the first should read "Total in your wishlist" and the second one should read "Total in ~'s wishlist".  smile

cbwebber wrote:

Can we get address formatting back if possible?  When you are confirming address it's formatted properly, and then when it shows the address for shipping it throws it all on to one line and can be confusing if you have a large address or special information in it.

Should be fixed now.

sebi wrote:
madoli wrote:

Thanks for reporting. It's fixed now.

You are super-fast!  Thanks!

marumari wrote:

A brief bug, but one that was in release 1 as well: Séance has no price at all.

I believe this has to do with the spelling over at the TCGPlayer site vs. that listed here.  One of the two doesn't use the accented 'e'.  As such, the card does not map properly to the corresponding card at TCGPlayer (the source of the pricing information).

Ravandil wrote:

Thanks for the great update, it looks much better, some things  (like adding and editing cards) seem to be harder but maybe I'll have to get used to it. The only thing I want to ask (and somebody asked about it before) is: Is it possible to have the same cards in one row in inventory? If I have, let's say two copies of the same card but from different editions, they are listed separately making the list much longer. To be honest I don't really care about the editions but rather how many copies I have. Is it possible to switch views to make it in one row? Here's what I mean:

e.g. now I have
1 Detonate - 5th
1 Detonate - 4th
1 Detonate - Mirrodin

I'd prefer:
3 Detonate - 5th, 4th, Mirrodin

This is a tough one, because other players may care about seeing quantities per card.  Using your example, what if you had a different quantity of 4th ed. Detonate? Per your preference, you'd see:

4 Detonate - 5th, 4th, Mirrodin

Others may want to know how many of each:

1 Detonate - 5th
     2 Detonate - 4th
     1 Detonate - Mirrodin

I think, long term, it would be great if the cards were in collapsible rows (or something similar):

Detonate (4)
      +- 5th E. (1)
      +- 4th Ed. (2)
      +- Mirrodin (1)

Those who want the details get them, but those who don't can see the total quantity on a single line.

This is a tough one, because other players may care about seeing quantities per card.  Using your example, what if you had a different quantity of 4th ed. Detonate? Per your preference, you'd see:

1 Detonate - 5th
     2 Detonate - 4th
     1 Detonate - Mirrodin

I think, long term, it would be great if the cards were in collapsible rows (or something similar):

Detonate (4)
      +- 5th E. (1)
      +- 4th Ed. (2)
      +- Mirrodin (1)

Those who want the details get them, but those who don't can see the total quantity on a single line.

I agree 100% with HikingStick in that different users have different needs and tastes.

I personally like seeing how many of each edition I own.  Going with collapsable rows is probably the best of both worlds.

sebi wrote:
cbwebber wrote:

Should be fixed now.

Rock on, perfect now, thanks Sebi

Yes, thanks for fixing the address issue.  Double kudos!

HikingStick wrote:

1 Detonate - 5th
     2 Detonate - 4th
     1 Detonate - Mirrodin

Detonate (4)
      +- 5th E. (1)
      +- 4th Ed. (2)
      +- Mirrodin (1)

+1 for this. How difficult would that be to implement though?

rfioren wrote:
atomicashes wrote:

So I'm not sure whats happening here. When I search for Drogskol Captain and the page loads I can see I have 10 in my wishlist. If I select a user that has some to trade the page loads but drogskol captain isn't in the list of cards I need from them. I'm not exactly sure why.

Charlie

I posted a separate thread about this issue in the feedback forum. I too am not alway seeing all cards a person has on my wish list when viewing the trading opportunities section.

This is driving me nuts.

It's nearly impossible to set up trades with people when I am unable to see what they have thats on my wishlist. I love the new inventory with all its detail but it seems to be majorly hindering the ability to set up trades effectively.

atomicashes wrote:
rfioren wrote:
atomicashes wrote:

So I'm not sure whats happening here. When I search for Drogskol Captain and the page loads I can see I have 10 in my wishlist. If I select a user that has some to trade the page loads but drogskol captain isn't in the list of cards I need from them. I'm not exactly sure why.

Charlie

I posted a separate thread about this issue in the feedback forum. I too am not alway seeing all cards a person has on my wish list when viewing the trading opportunities section.

This is driving me nuts.

It's nearly impossible to set up trades with people when I am unable to see what they have thats on my wishlist. I love the new inventory with all its detail but it seems to be majorly hindering the ability to set up trades effectively.

I thought I fixed this. Can you please give an example of user for which you don't see the Captain in the intersection?

sebi wrote:
atomicashes wrote:
rfioren wrote:

This is driving me nuts.

I thought I fixed this. Can you please give an example of user for which you don't see the Captain in the intersection?

I can! Compare my profile to teK here:

http://deckbox.org/users/teK

I need no cards from his list, and he needs 15 from mine (that's the sum of the min values between his wants and my haves, which I think is how it is being calculated). But on my profile page, it says he has 1 I want and I have 17 he wants.