Topic: Trade problems....2 of them

First problem is this:
He has not been on since Dec 2, but has received my cards and I have received his. Any way to end the trade and get a rating from him?

Second is a trade with someone with +63 rating (100%), and I sent my cards on Nov 16th. On dec 10 he said he still didn't have them, and since then he has said nothing to me. He was online today, and MANY times since the 10th, but no answer. It shouldnt have taken more then 10 days to get to him. Since he last messaged me, he has sent out ~4 others, and has some other trades accepted. I'd hate to bring up mail fraud, but I don't think I really have any other options. The trade was for 15$, if you were curious.

Re: Trade problems....2 of them

1.   yeah it would be nice if he would go ahead and give you a positive but he may just be busy and honestly as long as ppl see the trade is completed its not that big of a deal so just be patient.

2. email him, and also look at his other trades.  Its possible it is on your end and the cards really didnt reach him, do you have tracking #?

mbknight wrote:

1.   yeah it would be nice if he would go ahead and give you a positive but he may just be busy and honestly as long as ppl see the trade is completed its not that big of a deal so just be patient.

2. email him, and also look at his other trades.  Its possible it is on your end and the cards really didnt reach him, do you have tracking #?

I emailed him through here, nothing. He could atleast talk to me then, and say they didnt arrive. No tracking, it is a fairly short distance, and never needed it my 28 other times.

You can't file mail fraud on someone because they didn't get your cards. Only the sender can purchase safeguards to make sure the package arrives at its destination. If you didnt get a tracking number, you will lose any case that gets brought up. He can file mail fraud on you if you two can't reach an agreement re: you sending adequate compensation.

nowa90 wrote:

...and never needed it my 28 other times.

Until now. Delivery confirmation... it's worth the money.

One thing I have noticed on this site is that most people will ship out cards under $30 without DC due to it costing enough to not warrant trading on here. Anything over $25 is shipped with DC from me and anything less I just have to hope that both sides are equally honest.

outofstep wrote:
nowa90 wrote:

I couldn't agree more! ESPECIALLY from Canada (which is NOT a short distance). I have been to my post office and they still do not have it more have seen it. Again, as you stated, I am waiting to send once i receive your cards since your rating is at 38(?). You can understand why the cards havent been sent your way...

As for being on line, I just got back into the country dec. 23rd, so no I have NOT been online. I did in fact ask you if there was any tracking information of any kind and you said no you did not send tracking.

Now I know that you are the 4th person who has written something on this forum and I apologize that your cards have not gotten here. but this is (in this situation) NOT my fault, and unfortunately we can not track your items. The only thing to do is wait. and it is possible something happened with customs (which is something to consider).

If you are considering mail fraud, please be sure to read up on international law and use the laws governing Dartmoth Canada. Not that I am advocating this, but since you mentioned this for $15 worth of cards, I want to point you in the right direction so that you can have an easier time filing your claim. Just a note: if in good faith I send you my cards and still do not get it in return based on the terms of agreement (that the lower rating person send first and expect at least 4-6 weeks before filing a claim), shouldn't you be sited for fraud?

I have 0 time for fuckrys on this site and when it comes to trading cards. I understand how MTG is important to people and to steal or mis direct people on line would completely undermine the usefulness and the integrity of Deckbox and sites like this. Before you throw out the term fraud, take the time to understand the entire situation. Again, you are sending from Canada (customs), sending during holiday (fuckrys), without a tracking number. ANYTHING could have happened. It could be on its way back to you... we dont know; theres no tracking.

Avenged492 wrote:

One thing I have noticed on this site is that most people will ship out cards under $30 without DC due to it costing enough to not warrant trading on here. Anything over $25 is shipped with DC from me and anything less I just have to hope that both sides are equally honest.

I send with DC#: for anything over $10. The way I look at it, if im buying from my game store or ebay, its gonna cost 1.50-280 in tax. it SO worth it! Even to Canada I spend less than 4 bucks and have a confirmation number.

Dakkon4444 wrote:
outofstep wrote:
nowa90 wrote:

I couldn't agree more! ESPECIALLY from Canada (which is NOT a short distance). I have been to my post office and they still do not have it more have seen it. Again, as you stated, I am waiting to send once i receive your cards since your rating is at 38(?). You can understand why the cards havent been sent your way...

As for being on line, I just got back into the country dec. 23rd, so no I have NOT been online. I did in fact ask you if there was any tracking information of any kind and you said no you did not send tracking.

Now I know that you are the 4th person who has written something on this forum and I apologize that your cards have not gotten here. but this is (in this situation) NOT my fault, and unfortunately we can not track your items. The only thing to do is wait. and it is possible something happened with customs (which is something to consider).

If you are considering mail fraud, please be sure to read up on international law and use the laws governing Dartmoth Canada. Not that I am advocating this, but since you mentioned this for $15 worth of cards, I want to point you in the right direction so that you can have an easier time filing your claim. Just a note: if in good faith I send you my cards and still do not get it in return based on the terms of agreement (that the lower rating person send first and expect at least 4-6 weeks before filing a claim), shouldn't you be sited for fraud?

I have 0 time for fuckrys on this site and when it comes to trading cards. I understand how MTG is important to people and to steal or mis direct people on line would completely undermine the usefulness and the integrity of Deckbox and sites like this. Before you throw out the term fraud, take the time to understand the entire situation. Again, you are sending from Canada (customs), sending during holiday (fuckrys), without a tracking number. ANYTHING could have happened. It could be on its way back to you... we dont know; theres no tracking.

That still gives you a week to reply to me, and you had other trades happening. You were online (as far as I knew) almost every time I checked. I'll gladly give it another 2-3 weeks, but it was a bit worrying when you send something, then no reply from the other side for over 3 weeks. I traded someone in Floria and it took 22 days (sep 2-24th) so this is strange. I also sent in back in november, way before the holidays. Thanks for communicating.

EDIT: Could it be possible they sent it back while you were out of country?

Last edited by nowa90 (2012-12-30 19:34:59)

tracking is like 10 buck for us
that is why we dont use it often
speaking for myself and nowa90

Last edited by morg272 (2012-12-30 19:50:21)

morg272 wrote:

tracking is like 10 buck for us
that is why we dont use it often
speaking for myself and nowa90

If it is worth the time to want to talk about fraud, its worth the 10 dollars to send.

Dakkon4444 wrote:

.... its worth the 10 dollars to send.

not on anything below 35 in trade

morg272 wrote:
Dakkon4444 wrote:

.... its worth the 10 dollars to send.

not on anything below 35 in trade

to each its own, but we are here talking about a trade under 15 and no one can track where it is. I dont agree or disagree with your point of view, but in this situation, I aire on the side of DC#.

I don't know the facts behind either of your trades, but I have a personal experience to toss in:

The USPS lost a tax return I filed once, if they can lose something like that I am sure they can lose some cards.  I have always looked at it that it's the sender's responsibility to prove that they sent it.  If it's from the US and hasn't arrived in say 2 weeks, I expect either a replacement in the mail or the original tracking number and proof that they've talked to USPS to trace it.  Cross-border is another can of worms as well, even just from Canada.

Let's keep it civil, folks.  My own experience with shipping internationally is that it can often take four or more weeks (six weeks once, US to Canada, and I live in a state right across the border).

As to appearing online, is it possible that a system that hibernated while active on the site may ping the servers again when the machine is powered back on, only to do the same again at the next hibernate?

As has been mentioned before, communicate frequently.  If out for a series of weeks, place a note in your profile.

I'll suggest to Sebi that we add a status field that will appear on all trade screens, so that all parties may be kept informed without needing to message each one separately.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

HikingStick wrote:

Let's keep it civil, folks.  My own experience with shipping internationally is that it can often take four or more weeks (six weeks once, US to Canada, and I live in a state right across the border).

ned before, communicate frequently.  If out for a series of weeks, place a note in your profile.

I'll suggest to Sebi that we add a status field that will appear on all trade screens, so that all parties may be kept informed without needing to message each one separately.

That is the best idea!!!

As for the appearance of being online, who knows im curious to hear the IT answer to this question. one thing i do know is that while overseas I cant access my profile from my smart phone, or from areas in eastern europe for some reason. Is there anyway of researching a root cause?