Topic: Helping a friend getting into MTGO

I have a friend that really has no time to play paper magic and wants to get into MTGO. Problem is neither he or I really know much about it. I play paper and never even thought of getting into MTGO (I spend so much for paper, not gonna do the same for digital cards). I'll be posting cards of his soon and have some questions that I hope you guys can help me with...

-How much are MTGO tickets?
-how do you transfer them?

-If a trade was to happen where paper cards for trade for MTGO tickets, how does the transaction go from  "accepted" to "mailed" Would it be a situation where you transfer after you've received the card? or you transfer and I "mail on the same day"

-What happens if you transfer an MTGO ticket, and for some reason it doesn't work and you've received the card or I've already mailed them

Here are a few foils he gave me to get the ball rolling...

Overgrown Tomb (Ravnica: City of Guilds)
Jace, Memory Adept (M13)
Ash Zealot
Aurelia's Fury
Skarrg Goliath
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Also if you want anything from my trade list for MTGO tickets, please feel free to open up a trade.

Thank you for your time in reading this and your feedback. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a crap load of new traders available.

Re: Helping a friend getting into MTGO

Tix are basically worth a dollar.  SO 1 tix = 1 dollar in my book.  I've done multiple trades on here for cards for tix.  Normally my practice is, I pay half the value up front in tix (arranging a time to meet online) and then once I receive the cards, we arrange again to trade the remaining tix.  Once the tix are xfered, there really is no "going back" its a done deal.

Last edited by smilligan2 (2013-03-21 07:30:02)

Re: Helping a friend getting into MTGO

I do the same practice as smilligan. I pay tcgplayer's low price (the blue, not the green) in tickets for MTGO cards that I want. I'll shoot you an offer.