Topic: Anyone have any problems trading with Griffin van de Venne?

He's been online since the 11th, but it seems none of his trades have received his cards. He said he would send me my cards back, but I haven't heard anything since.

Here's his profile to see all the trades: http://deckbox.org/users/gravemole/trades

Anyone have any idea? Two weeks without cards from him

Re: Anyone have any problems trading with Griffin van de Venne?

He said "Sorry the cards will be a bit late. I have been out of town for the past week and I forgot to put a stamp on the envelope when I sent it out. Sorry about this your cards should be arriving soon." on Mar 27th... still nothing.

I have a trade with him that's been active for 3/4 of a month - he hasn't said anything since march 20th

And Pittsburgh is only 1.5 hours away from where I live ~

Last edited by perfectchaos007 (2013-04-14 03:04:58)

perfectchaos007 wrote:

I have a trade with him that's been active for 3/4 of a month - he hasn't said anything since march 20th

You should drive down to his house to pay him a visit

ColtonisWright wrote:
perfectchaos007 wrote:

I wish it was worth my time to do so - I checked out your trade with him, and I'd be willing to bet you're having a much worse experience sad

perfectchaos007 wrote:
ColtonisWright wrote:
perfectchaos007 wrote:

I wish it was worth my time to do so - I checked out your trade with him, and I'd be willing to bet you're having a much worse experience sad

I got in contact with him, got his number, talked to some of his RL friends, got his parents number and address, and he plans to correct the issue with me and everyone else. I'll keep you informed.

ColtonisWright wrote:
perfectchaos007 wrote:
ColtonisWright wrote:

I got in contact with him, got his number, talked to some of his RL friends, got his parents number and address, and he plans to correct the issue with me and everyone else. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks. I was worried I might have to do this myself. big_smile

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

His card arrived today for me. Postmarked before this thread started lol

hey guys sorry to all of you. the envelopes that I gave to my parents didn't get sent out in a timely manner. hopefully all your cards arrive soon and if they don't I'll reimburse through PayPal

A thorough response to what all happened here. I put the cards in top loaders had the envelopes adressed and ready to go long ago. I gave them to someone else to send out, but they must have forgotten to send them out. So sorry this happened and I will be taking a hiatus from trading to try to get better organizational habits so that this won't happen again. If you guys haven't received your cards and want confirmation that I didn't scam i'll send the money for the trade through PayPal and then if and when my cards arrive you can send the money back. Again sorry that this had to happen I really screwed up on this.

-- Griffin

Wasn't a big deal. They arrived for me today.

What is more important is that you learn a valuable lesson: Don't let other people ship your cards for you.

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Thought maybe I should bump this since I and at least one other user each have trades open with him in which he has failed to provide a delivery confirmation number when he promised he would, and, at least in my case, we agreed to simulsend with me sending my cards about two weeks ago, but him not sending his until after he received mine, despite me having twice the feedback.  It has also been a week since he says he sent them, but they have not arrived yet and a DC number has not been provided.

I've done a few trades with the user in question and have not had any issues, for whatever that's worth.

Tracking numbers have been provided to both of the users I'm currently trading with. They are expected to arrive Friday.

gravemole wrote:

Tracking numbers have been provided to both of the users I'm currently trading with. They are expected to arrive Friday.

Funny, you said you sent them more than a week ago (even thought you were supposed to send them the week before that).  Yet I get an email from this Michelle person that said they just mailed them.  That's odd.  I'd think a kid like you going to a rich private school could tell the difference between the past and the present.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-09-11 23:10:44)

26 (100% positive)

The rating system on this site is very flawed. This person has obviously had a lot of shady transactions in the last little while, but everyone that trades with him still see's the perfect score on 26 transactions. How can he be this shady with so many people and still not warrent a bad feedback?

He sent me some Remands a while ago and I had no problems with him. Maybe it's bad luck?

morph66 wrote:

26 (100% positive)

The rating system on this site is very flawed. This person has obviously had a lot of shady transactions in the last little while, but everyone that trades with him still see's the perfect score on 26 transactions. How can he be this shady with so many people and still not warrent a bad feedback?

First off the whole Plus/Minus system is flawed to begin with.  Even though ebay's system sucks, it would be nice to have something like that here.  Individual rating for communication, shipping time, card condition, etc.  Too many people are scared to give zero's or negatives because they don't want to receive a bad comment back.

Mattssacre wrote:
morph66 wrote:

26 (100% positive)

First off the whole Plus/Minus system is flawed to begin with.  Even though ebay's system sucks, it would be nice to have something like that here.  Individual rating for communication, shipping time, card condition, etc.  Too many people are scared to give zero's or negatives because they don't want to receive a bad comment back.

to many people are afraid to leave zeros or negatives? You aren't allowed to leave a negative score unless a moderator approves it, which is a complete joke to the system.

Last edited by morph66 (2013-09-12 00:11:46)

Mattssacre wrote:
morph66 wrote:

26 (100% positive)

There is no perfect system. Both Deckbox and eBay rating systems are based on people's bias opinion so the flaw lies more with people than the system. If you didnt have to get approval to get negative feedback (which is how it was BEFORE the new update),  it would turn into a pissing match over what happened and who really deserves the negative feedback and the deckbox team having to constantly change peoples rating.

@Morph - You do realize that EVERY other trading site is run the same way right?

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-09-12 00:19:40)

Helios52 wrote:
Mattssacre wrote:
morph66 wrote:

26 (100% positive)

There is no perfect system. Both Deckbox and eBay rating systems are based on people's bias opinion so the flaw lies more with people than the system. If you didnt have to get approval to get negative feedback (which is how it was BEFORE the new update),  it would turn into a pissing match over what happened and who really deserves the negative feedback and the deckbox team having to constantly change peoples rating.

much better to just give everybody gold stars

and no i had no idea all other sites do it. I still think it's a pretty piss poor way to track members. I mean this guy has been over 3 weeks late on several people's orders and he still doesn't bite a bad feedback? sorta pathetic, the mods should do a better job of i.p banning people who can't hold to their word. Also should be a minimum age limit to subscribe. As it stands a ten year old could make an account and do some real damage...

Last edited by morph66 (2013-09-12 00:23:33)

Techincally the Mods dont actually do anything. They pretty much serve as mediators to help sort out the details and then its really just Sebi and Catinca that hold the power to approve the feedback.

Helios52 wrote:

Techincally the Mods dont actually do anything. They pretty much serve as mediators to help sort out the details and then its really just Sebi and Catinca that hold the power to approve the feedback.

from what i've seen of this sebi guy, it's obviously a power trip on his part.  ah well. when in rome...

I traded with him and had no problems and his cards got to me in like 2 days.

morph66 wrote:
Helios52 wrote:

from what i've seen of this sebi guy, it's obviously a power trip on his part.  ah well. when in rome...

That "sebi" guy is the creator of this very site. Im not really sure what you've seen but from my experience with him, I cannot say anything bad about him or the great job hes doing with the site.