Topic: Help Shipping Internationally

I'm new to shipping from US to Canada, does anyone know what service to use through the USPS that gets me delivery confirmation? I only need to ship a couple of cards, so I would prefer not to use flat rate or similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Help Shipping Internationally

Generally it is very difficult and expensive to get delivery confirmation across borders like that.  I believe that people have stated that it costs a minimum of $15 to get the delivery confirmation, and even then it isn't always trustworthy.

I've done a few trades to Canada from the US and haven't had any issues with shipping (though it might take a while longer than normal).  That being said, I, personally, wouldn't trade with somebody across borders who doesn't have an extensive trade history because you really need to trust that they're not going to screw you over.

If you use Certified Mail on a letter it'll run around $3 total. They will need to sign for it when it arrives, so this might be a deal breaker for this method. Otherwise just a plain letter has never failed, although it will take a week or three to arrive. Keep in mind you will need to fill out a Customs form, which is easy to do here. The AES Exemption will be NOEEI 30.37(a).

varble wrote:

If you use Certified Mail on a letter it'll run around $3 total. They will need to sign for it when it arrives, so this might be a deal breaker for this method. Otherwise just a plain letter has never failed, although it will take a week or three to arrive. Keep in mind you will need to fill out a Customs form, which is easy to do here. The AES Exemption will be NOEEI 30.37(a).

Certified Mail tends to work rather well. Essentially the easy way to do it is by taking two 3x5 cards and sandwiching your card between it