Topic: Displayed edition in search results

If searching by for all cards in a set using the Edition Printed In filter, wouldn't it make more sense to show only results that matched that filter?

Example: I want to search for all cards in Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska set, so I can sort them by price, to see if it is worth picking up another set or two while the product is on sale.

When I list that edition and apply the filter, all of the cards show up, but none of pricing information is for the Duel Deck printing.  To see the correct pricing, I need to go into each card's detail page and then select the appropriate edition.

WHAT'S THE POINT of filtering by "Edition Printed In" if the results do not reflect that edition?

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Displayed edition in search results

Can you post a link to a search where that filter does not work?

Looks ok to me here http://deckbox.org/games/mtg/cards?f=53123

I know this is an old thread but I am very frustrated by the same behavior that HickingStick mentions and no, the link that Sebi provided does not give what I (and presumably HickingStick) are looking for. When I click on the link I see a hodge podge of different editions.

I realize this functionality is complicated slightly by it being possible to select many different sets to filter on, but isn't it simply a case of applying the current algorithm (most recent set or whatever) to those cards that match the filter.

At this point I have to think that this is the thing that frustrates me the most about this site...which is really more of a compliment than a complaint since it is something so minor is my greatest concern.

The search linked lists all the cards printed in the Jace vs. Vraska set. The edition symbol on the "Last printed in" column might be the confusing thing I suppose, I might have to remove that or clarify what it signifies. The filter does filter by edition though.

You also get an edition listing by going to Editions and selecting the edition. The cards will then be by default ordered by the collectors number.

Sebi,

No one has said that the filter is not working in terms of showing the correct cards for the filter, the concern is with the specific version of the card being shown in the list. HickingStick used the a duel deck as an example but I will use FTV:Annihilation as it really shows the concern well. If I filter on Annihilation I see Rolling Earthquake at $90 and Burning of Xinye at over $75 since the Three Kingdoms price is shown. The FTV prices are about $6 for both. To find this out I have to go into every card separately and select the FTV version. Since I filtered on FTV you can be pretty sure this is the price I am looking for (if it is prices I am looking for).

As I said this behavior has annoyed me many, many times and it would appear to be a very easy thing to change. Is there a reason not to show the edition that matches the filter, or at least one of the ones that matches if there are multiple matches?

I see how it would be confusing, I will try to make a special case for the "single edition" filter in that case.

Of course, it gets complicated when the filter is using more than one edition, but I will take a look.

That would be great!

This may be one of those 80/20 situations where addressing this for single set filtering is 80% of the value for 20% of the work...