Topic: New guy etiquette question (I read the sticky).

Hi all,

I'm brand new here, so hopefully this is a reasonable place to post this. I read through the sticky post but there was one question I wasn't sure of. It looks like there's about a 3-4 day grace period to give someone to accept a trade, which is understandable. I'm assuming if you don't hear back after that you can just cancel the trade. But what's the etiquette for proposing a trade for the same card to multiple people? If I have a Gideon that multiple people want, can I propose trades for it to several people and then whoever responds first I'll work with, or should I do it sequentially? If you wait for each offer to be accepted or rejected, it seems like the time to get a successful trade could increase greatly. But if people accept a trade you made and you've already traded the card away does it create bad blood?

Thanks in advance!

Re: New guy etiquette question (I read the sticky).

You can cancel a trade at anytime before confirming your address.

Make as many trade offers as you'd like, that only thing that would be nice is something in your profile akin to "I propose a lot of trades for the same card, sorry if I cancel on you if someone accepted previously" or something to that nature.

Happy trading.

Thanks!

I personally think it is OK to start trade talks with multiple folks for the same card at the same time. Just don't propose the trades. Be upfront and communicate that you are offering the card(s) to multiple people at the same time. That said, it can be a hassle to juggle multiple trades like that and easier to just have one offer out there at a time. Also if I see someone offering the same card(s) to multiple folks at the same time I might think they are setting up a scam and would avoid them, so it ultimately may keep you from getting trades. All that said, this is just my opinion man, the rules of the site might be different and others may be against this practice.

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

TheWorldHatesPaul wrote:

I personally think it is OK to start trade talks with multiple folks for the same card at the same time. Just don't propose the trades. Be upfront and communicate that you are offering the card(s) to multiple people at the same time. That said, it can be a hassle to juggle multiple trades like that and easier to just have one offer out there at a time. Also if I see someone offering the same card(s) to multiple folks at the same time I might think they are setting up a scam and would avoid them, so it ultimately may keep you from getting trades. All that said, this is just my opinion man, the rules of the site might be different and others may be against this practice.

Agreed. I have cards in multiple trades but i dont propose more than one at a time with the same card. That way you arent having to tell people who have accepted that you cant hold up your end. You can ahways just use the chat box in a trade to wheel and deal until you have the trade that fits best. An icon will pop up for them to show them someone has left a msg in chat.
And if you want people to be able to see you in the trading oppourtunities for mail trades you have to have your account set to my country/continent/worldwide instead of local

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I will discuss things in chat before making a proposal. I hadn't thought of that. Also, thanks for the tip about "Local". That could have screwed me up for a while.