Topic: Option to search for decks you have all the cards to build

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into MTG after a ~10 year break.  I have around 1500 cards in my collection, and I've always really enjoyed the collection aspect of MTG, but I'm looking to start playing now.  It would be incredibly helpful if there were a way to search for decks that I have all the cards to build, so that I can see how my cards can be used together.  I'm not sure if anyone else would find that useful, or if it's too much hand-holding, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Re: Option to search for decks you have all the cards to build

I like the idea

You know what?

That IS a useful idea. neutral

Last edited by BlueBlazes (2016-05-25 19:59:40)

Add me to the list of people who think this is an excellent idea! smile

My Magic collection is ever-growing, though I know there are plenty of cards I already have that are very good, but whose value is not immediate obvious.  Sorting by price helps, but a low dollar value does not always mean a card is poor (for example, some of my absolute favorites are under 30 cents; e.g. Colossal Whale, Doorkeeper, Ghostly Flicker, etc.).

Being able to find a deck that uses only cards you own could help a lot in better appreciating those very cards.  I hope this gets implemented!

Great idea!

I actually suggested more or less this feature before : https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24261

I know that MTG goldfish has a similar function for their subscribers.

I came here to ask if this very thing can be done!  Judging by the replies it seems the answer is no.  But I would very much use this feature!

Also, when searching decks, add a sorting column that tells "% of cards in your inventory" so you can see how much of a deck you already own.

I've often wished it had that, I hope it gets added that'd be cool.

+1 Feature request

I love both the idea of being able to see a list of decks that you can build with the cards you have, as well as seeing the percent of a deck you own while viewing it.

I feel that the two aspects of the feature could be intertwined, such that you could actually get a list of decks for which the owned percentage is over a certain threshold (e.g. viewing all decks that I own 90% or more of).

A thought on the percentage -- I feel basic lands shouldn't be included in the calculations. So say there's a deck with 20 basics and 40 other cards, and I own 30 of those other 40, it should show me as owning 75% of that deck (30 out of 40), rather than 50% (if I don't include basic lands in my inventory -- 30 out of 60) or 83.3% (if I DO include basics in my inventory -- 50 out of 60). This will be more accurate overall for most people's needs.