Topic: Trades to/from Romania: Is it high-risk?

Hey DeckBox traders and sellers-

Made three trades to Romania in the past year.
   One was successful.
   One, supposedly, never reached the trader.
   One never made it here.
   (Have no reason to doubt the traders of the failed trade(s). They seem honest.)

Am posting this to ask if anyone else had a similar issue with that specific country.

Completely understand there is an inherent risk with all international and domestic trades and sales.
   If there is a pattern forming, then maybe shipping DHL or FedEx would reduce the risk of a future failed trade or sale. It would cost more, but at least traders on both sides are better informed.

Thanks.

Last edited by BlueBlazes (2015-12-21 21:29:40)

Re: Trades to/from Romania: Is it high-risk?

I did several trades with people in Romania, but nothing got lost. Sometimes the cards are quite a while "on their way", but afterall they always reached Romania or Germany.

As an experiment, sent a fourth (and possibly final) trade to Romania.

It was a single envelope.
Difference this time was the use of the USPS Registered Mail option. Since there is no tracking once the parcel has left the US, getting a signature from the other end seemed the only way to get proof of delivery.

It worked.

When mailing to Romania, spring for the extra fee to get registered mail. (Also, didn't know this before: The USPS can partially track an international parcel by using the customs form serial number. The request has to be made in person, though, since it cannot be tracked online. Some sort of internal agency thing.)

Lesson learned.    neutral

Last edited by BlueBlazes (2016-03-14 19:01:57)

Hate to necro this thread but you're not the only one. I've done 200+ trades and the only one I lost was to Romania.

Many people on here refuse to trade with Romanian users as their postal service is so shoddy. Shame, as there seems to be quite a big scene out there.