Topic: Feature Idea: Cards in wishlist with multiple sets

On another trading site, I have the ability to specify a single want that has multiple sets. For example, I may decide I want one Cryptic Command from Lorwyn _or_ Iconic Masters _or_ Modern Masters, but not the Invocation or MPR version. Under Deckbox's current system, each of these would be considered a different want and I'd have to add it 3-4 times.

Thoughts?

Re: Feature Idea: Cards in wishlist with multiple sets

Let me just make sure I understand your need correctly.

Say you do want 1x Cryptic Command from the Invocations for your Egyptian-themed EDH deck, but you also have two other EDH decks that require Cryptic Command. For those, you merely want the artwork that is used for Lorwyn / Modern Masters / Modern Masters 2015, but you don't care about edition.

You would want to be able to input them into your wishlist as follows:

1 | Cryptic Command | Invocation
2 | Cryptic Command | LRW or MMA or MM2

You would NOT want to input it as follows...

1 | Cryptic Command | LRW
1 | Cryptic Command | MMA
1 | Cryptic Command | MM2

...because you only need 2 copies of the non-Invocation artwork, not 3 copies.

Is that the idea?

I believe that anytime you offer a user more granular control, it's better. So I'm all in favor of this change. That said, I bet it would entail fairly foundational changes to Deckbox's database tables and SQL queries, so it would probably be a long time coming. But still a great idea!

meldon44 wrote:

Let me just make sure I understand your need correctly.

Say you do want 1x Cryptic Command from the Invocations for your Egyptian-themed EDH deck, but you also have two other EDH decks that require Cryptic Command. For those, you merely want the artwork that is used for Lorwyn / Modern Masters / Modern Masters 2015, but you don't care about edition.

You would want to be able to input them into your wishlist as follows:

2 | Cryptic Command | LRW or MMA or MM2

You would NOT want to input it as follows...

1 | Cryptic Command | LRW
1 | Cryptic Command | MMA
1 | Cryptic Command | MM2

...because you only need 2 copies of the non-Invocation artwork, not 3 copies.

Is that the idea?

I believe that anytime you offer a user more granular control, it's better. So I'm all in favor of this change. That said, I bet it would entail fairly foundational changes to Deckbox's database tables and SQL queries, so it would probably be a long time coming. But still a great idea!

Yeah, that's basically the exact idea. At the moment the only options are "I want this card regardless of set" and "I want this card from this specific set"; I'm proposing that a third option in between those would be useful.

I agree with this 100%. I collect first edition/promo foils so being able to modify the sets on my wishlist without adding additional rows would be nice.

This would be great. I have a few cards I'm looking for, most of them I would prefer foil. But when I look at the suggested trades out there I am willing to take them from any set and foil or not if someone has some other stuff I want. But having it only return results for the specific thing you tagged means I have to add each thing numerous times to just see all results for something like Kamahl, fist of Krosa.

This would also help when looking for foils of cards that have a promo version. For example: If you’re looking for a foil Git Probe many people don’t mark their promos as foil so you wouldn’t match with that person.

If you were able to have 1 Git Probe on your wishlist and annotate Foil OR Promo, it would bypass this issue.