Topic: Possibility of Adding a Proxy to Collections

Good Day

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add an additional flag the card inventory for proxy cards. There are a few proxies that I have picked up from etsy and ebay over the years -- for instance the Power 9 and Tarmogoyf -- that I wouldn't mind trading away to someone who might want them for a cube, commander bling, or a kitchen table game because I either don't use them (Power 9) or I have gotten some genuine copies of since picking up the proxy (Tarmogoyf). I was going to add them to my collection under altered art and put in my bio that I have proxies that are listed as that, but I don't want to represent them as ever being the real thing, because they are not, and it keeps the price of the genuine card which is also would misrepresent what is being offered.

So I was wondering if it is possible to add an additional flag to the card saying that they are proxy and if that flag is selected the price of the card is set to n/a. That way people will know they are not the real thing for sure and the value of the card can be set by the individuals in the trade and not the greater market.

Re: Possibility of Adding a Proxy to Collections

I would like to second this request. I have many cards in my commander decks I have one copy of that I have proxies in my decks and then my actual copy set aside in a top loader. I want to set them as a proxy in the database.

This would be convienent for collection purposes too. For expensive cards such as Dual lands, I’ll buy one copy and proxy others for my decks. Seeing which copies are proxies and in which decks would be nice.

I was just looking for this feature. Proxy/Fake/Etc. could be a tag like Foil.

I make my own proxies for expensive cards just to allow me to play Gauntlet of Might without having to actually shuffle such an expensive card. It would be nice to be able to list that the one I have in my deck is a proxy, just to help me keep track of where all of my proxies are.