Topic: Remove Negative rating

So I do local trades, and sometimes I do a trade that doesn't get recorded here until I remember to do so.

recently the card Aurelia's Fury has spiked and while I was at the card shop Tuesday night I had a guy buy it off me for 7$

I get home and there is an order that has been paid for that includes this card.  I explained that I no longer had the card and I would refund his entire order
if he liked, because he also had about 7 other cards they wanted..  He then insinuated that I am trying to not honor a deal and demanded the Aurelia's Fury.  I agree that it sucks wanting a card that suddenly spikes in value and you weren't the one that buys it for pennies on the dollar.  but I don't believe that I should receive negative feedback on my account because I can't sell him the card he wants.

is there any way I can get this feedback removed?

I want to make sure that it is understood that I was polite, and refunded the entire amount of the order after the user insisted that I sell him the card.

Re: Remove Negative rating

Per the site rules: If the seller is unable to complete a transaction, they must notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, the seller must issue a full refund. Sellers are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.

Buyers are able to leave negative feedback for canceled purchases.

Looks like you are stuck with it per the rules

Rules aside, I think that it would be a very bad idea for any marketplace to engage in the practice of altering seller feedback on the basis of fairness. I agree fully that the buyer's reaction and subsequent feedback weren't fair or mature. I as a buyer would have greatly respected and appreciated your stated handling of the transaction, despite any negative feelings about missing out on a card. However, alterations to feedback should occur solely in cases of site errors (e.g. feedback being incorrectly linked to the wrong seller ID in the database) or the like, or else buyers will lose confidence in the system.

One of the risks that comes with being a seller is that you're almost guaranteed to encounter buyers who will leave you negative feedback no matter what you do. I read a good article a while back (specific to eBay, but applies here as well) that addressed this concern very well. If I can find it again, I'll link it. But the gist of it was that ultimately a track record of good customer service will win out. It definitely hurts you more when you get the negative feedback early on, as it represents a higher percentage of your score. But slow and steady will win the race.  smile

So I realize that your right. I just hated seeing my feedback fall because someone expects me to serve them no matter the cost to myself.  I'm just an average Joe with a collection,. I started selling as well as trading cause I figured never know when someone wants my card specificly.

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing,  i just wanted to be treated like I treated others.  No biggie

The inability to hold off on a potential order pending some sort of inventory verification is why I stopped using the market - since you can't have a separate sell list from your tradelist, it means you have to either cultivate your tradelist very carefully or risk cancelling orders and incurring negative feedback. It's just not worth it to me and it's clear that there are no plans to improve the system.