Topic: Reverting part of yesterday's UI changes

Hello,

The feedback to yesterday's changes seemed quite clear that the dialog move and the card page changes were not liked.

Both of these have now been partially reverted. The dialog is now a panel again and the card page lists the collection and the decks again.

Also fixed card name input not being focused after submitting card details.

Re: Reverting part of yesterday's UI changes

sebi wrote:

Hello,

The feedback to yesterday's changes seemed quite clear that the dialog move and the card page changes were not liked.

Both of these have now been partially reverted. The dialog is now a panel again and the card page lists the collection and the decks again.

Also fixed card name input not being focused after submitting card details.

Thanks for listening to feedback.
Another (maybe) quick to implement suggestion i have is that the "add cards to inventory" textbox sorts partial input using the "default" edition first, then the others:
There is no mana abundance in mystery boosters, but there is a mana crypt, so if you could use a flag "printed in selected edition" as the first sorting criteria, adding boxes of cards would become much easier.
https://i.imgur.com/7BaHR3F.png https://i.imgur.com/7rHHkqS.png

I still really dislike the UI changes that are still in-place. Not being able to edit my wish list from my inventory and vice versa is a huge pain. Really disliking everything that was done.

BlueBoxGaming wrote:

I still really dislike the UI changes that are still in-place. Not being able to edit my wish list from my inventory and vice versa is a huge pain. Really disliking everything that was done.

I am adding the wishlist & inv editing back tomorrow. What else do you not like?

Sebi, thanks for everything you're doing.

Love the site, I couldn't imagine trying to do all this manually.

sebi wrote:
BlueBoxGaming wrote:

I am adding the wishlist & inv editing back tomorrow. What else do you not like?

I dislike inventory items being invisible in the trade screen.

sebi wrote:
BlueBoxGaming wrote:

I'm also not a fan, my main pain point is that I want to be able to add cards as needed without clicking in too many places, as in keep the number of clicks needed constant, not increasing it.

Also the new +/- buttons appear on top of the other fields are hide useful data, maybe there could be a bit more padding between the rows and add the +/- buttons there (so place them vertically rather horizontally

it looks like rendering is broken on firefox too https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v9adglnc00kkly/Screenshot%202020-03-26%2000.49.38.png?dl=1

also, the behiavior of the inventory page is different from the card page, when you add cards the default edition is different in those two places

the "Save Changes" checkmark disappears too quickly, maybe the button could disappear entirely and let the system update the entry every time there is a change

Last edited by koda (2020-03-26 05:01:06)

JNich111 wrote:

1) Identical cards used to be automatically grouped together. If I had a Negate from M12 already in my collection, and I added another with the same condition, language, etc., it would automatically set the quantity of that card to 2. Now, instead, it lists two separate but identical cards. I used to be able to go through and add cards rapid-fire style, but now i have to go one by one and adjust quantities.

Just look how my inventory is messed up right now.
bug

When I have a card that is not in my deck, for example, Dragon Broodmother, and I add an additional card to my inventory, it's not automatically updating my tradelist. I have to go in and manually add it to my tradelist.

Simons44 wrote:

When I have a card that is not in my deck, for example, Dragon Broodmother, and I add an additional card to my inventory, it's not automatically updating my tradelist. I have to go in and manually add it to my tradelist.

Also, it's not auto grouping link cards when added.

Last edited by Simons44 (2020-03-26 14:03:31)

Simons44 wrote:

Did the system ever do this?

Drop menu don´t allow to remove the select cards or add to a deck

Adding a card to inventory no longer auto updates when doing it from a deck page. Have to refresh the page to reflect cards in inventory.

ic0n67 wrote:

I think it did for premium users, who can choose to auto-trade cards that aren't in built decks. So new cards that are added to inventory, which obviously won't be in any built decks yet, should be auto-added to the tradelist.

BUG. In Shopping Assistant Card Actions button doesn't work. I can not delete cards from the list.

PS. Please give an option checking our decks in search engine in Trading Opportunities page and in Shopping Assistant *if it's possible.
EDITED: *

Last edited by Frost_Ghost (2020-03-26 20:30:10)

meldon44 wrote:
ic0n67 wrote:

I think it did for premium users, who can choose to auto-trade cards that aren't in built decks. So new cards that are added to inventory, which obviously won't be in any built decks yet, should be auto-added to the tradelist.

Yes, auto trade is a feature for premium users

I only have a couple of qualms...the main being the fact that the Inventory and Wishlist are separate while in a deck view.  So instead of clicking anywhere on the left columns to bring up inventory/wishlist, I have to click each column individually, whereas before you could do it all in one place.

Also why did you remove the section that showed which decks contain the card you selected? I now have to go to the card page to see which decks contain the card. Just seems like unnecessary clicks and new windows when before there was a tab to go between deck count, inventory, and wishlist. Seemed more intuitive the way it was before.

My only other beef is that I lost an entire folder of decks after the changes were in place.  I was on Deckbox for about 4 minutes one day adding a couple of cards, then the next day the whole folder was gone.  I already created a ticket but haven't hear back in a couple of days.

And now I can'y upload screenshots to my post...? That's new.

Just to be clear Sebi, I will still continue to use Deckbox, and promote it to everyone I meet who is looking for an inventory/deck management site.  Also I will live with whatever changes you make.  I know it must be frustrating to get a lot of backlash on these new changes, especially since the probably take a long time to create/implement.  I also understand that being passionate, and spending a lot of time and effort on something only to have it scrutinized can be hard.  Don't take any of this personal.  We still love the site and appreciate what you do.

Adjusting quantities after inserting a card is a mess. It was grouped automatically before the change with no hassle.

bug

Pmintz wrote:

Also why did you remove the section that showed which decks contain the card you selected? I now have to go to the card page to see which decks contain the card. Just seems like unnecessary clicks and new windows when before there was a tab to go between deck count, inventory, and wishlist. Seemed more intuitive the way it was before.

THIS! Very frustrating to me: I use deckbox not to do wishlists or trades so much, but to have a clear organization of cards in inventory --> cards in built decks. The deck idea / constructed card count section is very, very useful and should come back (please!).

Working on re implementing and adding both the panel tabs (inv, wish, decks, trade), and on a fix for merging of identical card rows automatically when clicking save, as well as the other reported issues. Release should be tomorrow for the fixes.

I'm  having an issue where when I'm adding cards to inventory and changing tradelist values it adds an extra of that item to my inventory when I click save changes with tradelist value other than 0. Not just an unmerged line, but an extra copy of a card I only own 1 copy of.

In the example case signpost scarecrow, I added a foil copy, saved changes, then changed that foil copy's tradelist value from 0 to 1 (putting it on my tradelist). Now it says I have 2 foil signpost scarecrows, 1 available for trade and 1 not available for trade, when I actually have only entered having 1.

(edited details as I found out it's happening to ALL new cards I add with a new tradelist value). A workaround is possible by disabling auto-add and not updating tradelist values through the add card dialogue, but this wasn't an issue before add card UI change, and means I can't add cards to my tradelist when I add them to my inventory.

https://i.imgur.com/aqr0STb.jpg

Last edited by 1931027930252676 (2020-03-27 19:28:03)

Something I just noticed, in a card page, if I click Edit i get a link to the card page itself "Open Card Page" next to "Add New Row"
... but I am already in the card page, even if i was in the inventory page, i can click on the card itself to get there

what is the point of that link?