Topic: Inventory vs. Tradelist

Hi, all. I'm new here and I'm not sure this site is going to do what I need it to do. I have my own collection I want to organize here, but I also have traders/sale cards I also want to list on the site.
Here is an example of my issue:

When I have a card that isn't in good enough condition to go into my collection, I want to just put it into my traders list. The problem is that it won't let me list it as a trader unless I also register it in my inventory (collection). This causes confusion in my keeping track of what cards I need for each set.

I do put missing cards into my wish list, and that's great, but I also want to be able to go through my sets to visually see what cards are missing.

The short question is whether or not I can add a trader without adding it to my collection?

Thank you!

Mike

Re: Inventory vs. Tradelist

Hi Mikes,

Think of Collection as everything you physically have.  Then you can break that down into Tradelists, Binders, Decks, whatever.  What you want to do is add all of your cards.  Tag the ones available for trade, and maybe even make a Deck of your physical Tradebinder (if that's different than all of the cards you have for trade).  Then when you trade something you should be able to remove it from your inventory and binder if relevant.

Re: Inventory vs. Tradelist

Getting around this problem takes a bit of work, but can be done.  This whole process is much easier if you have a premium account.  Then when you can go to the Editions section under MTG Database, you get useful stats.  The overview page lists whether you have all of the cards for a set (or how many you're missing).  But, more importantly, the actual set pages list how many copies you own of that card, of that card from that set, and then the same information for your wishlist and tradelist (edit: my screenshot won't upload right now, but you can look here - https://deckbox.org/premium).  When you're looking at that view you can easily see if you need a specific card from that set -- like where I have a foil Bruna but need a regular one.  There you can see that I have a Bruna from this set, but I also need a Bruna from this set as well.

Another helpful thing to do is to create a built deck for each set that you are putting together.  Then when you look at various sections of the site you can see how many copies of the card you own and how many you need for built decks.

Last edited by psrex (2020-05-30 14:37:39)