Topic: AlmightySenator threatening me in message.

Hello, is anyone out there?
I tried to buy some cards from this guy AlmightySenator
He talks about spikes and such...but shit..I just see cool cards being played on youtube
and then come to deckbox to buy. So I search for some cards and buy from this guy
and then he cancels because I guess he can't do his job and update his prices...so I leave
a negative. Then out of the blue the guy threatens me. WTF??
Who is in charge here at deckbox?
This fuck AlmightySenator is threatening to fuck with me because I left a negative..
Someone please get on this? WTF.
Anyone else have problems with this guy?

Re: AlmightySenator threatening me in message.

Go to the persons profile and report it. Not much we can do as users.

You have zero completed trades or purchases based on your feedback, so I'm guessing there was a series of misunderstandings

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it was mostly your fault.

1) I would point out that this person only buys cards from people when the cards spike. He's certainly lying about the "but shit..I just see cool cards being played on youtube
and then come to deckbox to buy". He has only ordered cards that have spiked from me (and done so on several occasions. A quick check shows that he's done the same thing to other sellers.

2) "So I search for some cards and buy from this guy and then he cancels because I guess he can't do his job and update his prices." Considering that Deckbox does not update their prices quickly, it does make it tricky to stay on top of everything. Considering that a lot of people do have jobs and lives, it's pretty hard to actually update every card every waking moment of the day.

3) I state in my profile that I am not going to sell cards that drastically spike. I've had people try to buy 38 copies of Recross the Paths when that spiked, and 20 copies of Apocalypse Chime at once. Deckbox does not really have the setup to control how many copies you want to sell, and does not differentiate between selling and trading (so if I want to sell a card but don't want to trade it, I have to mark it available for both and then tell people that it isn't for trade).

4) This person let me negative feedback after I cancelled an order, and then a few months later ordered from me again and did the same thing. He's clearly someone trying to take advantage of people who don't study Magic finance every waking moment, and wants to punish people who don't sell him spiked cards at heavily discounted rates.

5) He says in his first negative feedback "Bought and Paid. Cancelled My Order. Avoid.", but chose not to avoid when he ordered again. He has the "I'm going to get what I want, or I'm going to punish you" mentality, as he's left two negative feedbacks on my account.

6) You have to upgrade to Premium to block users, so it's hard as a seller to try and keep the scummy people away, but I did upgrade and blocked him. I am guessing that he's trying to continue to harass me here because he's no longer able to order spiked cards from me.

7) He's not looking to trade with people or buy cards from sellers. He just wants to use this site to find cards that have spiked and take advantage of people who can't update their prices every hour.

He appears to be the kind of person who feels very entitled, and does not have any empathy. Either you sell him spiked cards so he can take and buylist for profit, or he's going to leave you negative feedback and hurt your ability to sell cards and try to make some money during the pandemic. If you block him, he's going to harass you on the forums. Seems like a reasonable person would understand and just be on their way. The vast majority of people who have left me negative feedback are people with very few or no trades on Deckbox, and only buy cards that have spiked.

If you are reading this..avoid this guy. Scary!
It's not about "spiked cards" It's about him threading me, by saying "I know your address"
I've moved so he doesn't have my address anymore...but scary to think one could just come on line buy some cards, doesn't go well because they are incompetent...
and the seller threatens you saying  "I know your address"
It does't matter about anything else... but fact is he did insinuate a threat to me.

AlmightySenator,  So the fact that there isn't price spike controls on this site is what caused me to stop trying to sell here.  it becomes such a hassle to explain that to someone, and then they leave negative feedback or buy again and claim you didn't send the cards.  there are trash people and it sucks.

I've gotten cards from the senator and I didn't have an issue. One of the cards I wanted had a recent spike and he gave me a reasonable offer. I would definitely buy from him again.

Senator delivers!

He's an OK guy