Topic: Modern Horizons 2

Imported MH2 today with the tokens.

Sadly still don't have a good solution for the etched foils. I really don't want to have to go with a user-settable flag, it would imply a lot of internal changes for pricing calculations and display etc etc... but also it would be awkward now to have a second edition as well. For the 40 timeshifted MH1 reprints, they are already in a separate "Modern Horizons 1 Timeshifts" so I would have to add another edition "MH1 timeshifts ETCHED" or add another 40 printings in the MH1 timeshifts one. Ehhhh i'm really unsure, I don't like any of the solutions sad

Re: Modern Horizons 2

Thank you so much!

Well thanks for putting MH2 in already - cards have been sat on my desk waiting! Best of luck solving the etched issue, the additional checkbox seems the only logical solution to me, in line with how foils are handled already.

Thank you for the add.

As for the etched foils, I know they don't really have a clean solution in the way you might like. But the extra user defined value makes the most sense, we would have the foil symbol and the etched foil symbol, whatever that may be, perhaps a shiney 'E' As for the changes in price, that is accurate anyways, TCG is selling them at different prices than normal foil or non foil

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Sebi, I can't thank you enough, seriously. thank you

Hey Sebi, just wanted to send some thanks and love.  I know all these new printing styles must be a real headache for ya.  Good luck!

I don’t envy dealing with the million printings of each rare card these days, to be sure.

Curious though how entering The List stuff works? As I understand it new cards are added each set; I opened an Aether Vial, for instance, which I don’t think was part of it before, and I don’t see an entry on the Aether Vial page.

Thanks for all you do.

Thanks sebi!

Thanks for the update!

One small issue: it looks like MH2 cards currently can't be entered as prerelease promos.

maddsurgeon wrote:

I don’t envy dealing with the million printings of each rare card these days, to be sure.

Curious though how entering The List stuff works? As I understand it new cards are added each set; I opened an Aether Vial, for instance, which I don’t think was part of it before, and I don’t see an entry on the Aether Vial page.

Thanks for all you do.

The List is weird because it's all the same set, but it slowly changes over time. You probably need to manually update based on the changelog Wizards publishes with each set, which is https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a … 2021-06-04 for MH2

El_Panda_Rojo wrote:

Thanks for the update!

One small issue: it looks like MH2 cards currently can't be entered as prerelease promos.

Prerelease promos get added separately. I imagine Sebi will get to them soon.

It's support like this that makes me a Premium subscriber. I don't actually need or use any of the benefits of the Premium subscription, but this site deserves my support!

Fabulous work! You're incredibly appreciated!

Thank you, Sebi!

[I'm also Team Flag]

Last edited by Solseek (2021-06-17 22:24:39)

I would prefer a flag.  When we are importing cards it is faster to click a flag than to go to the set list and type the extension for cards that have many extension

When filtering cards from a set to know if we have a copy.  If we need to select  multiple things for the same set it   is also a problem because we might think we are missing a card and buy it again because we forgot to add the other name of the set.

Other databases like Gatherer are listing all those cards on the same set so it is more difficult to do software that work with it at the same time.

Thank you, Sebi!  There are 8 (??) versions of some of these cards, this must have been a real pain.

Thank you so much Sebi You’re doing gods work

Thanks for the update!

Last edited by swjunkie228 (2021-06-18 21:08:10)

Thank you so much for the update! You're the best big_smile

You're awesome! Thank you so much!

Thanks Sebi!
I hope an etched solution isn't too hard to figure out (though it does seem like there isn't a clean answer).

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist
I'll sometimes trade things in my Inventory. It doesn't hurt to ask.

While in the card database list the image that pop for "grief" is the image for "grief tyrant" but if I click on grief to go see it , it is the good image

scramasax wrote:

While in the card database list the image that pop for "grief" is the image for "grief tyrant" but if I click on grief to go see it , it is the good image

Should be fixed now, caching issue. Shift-refresh if you still see the old one.

The token with the same name as a card might be a lot of work for you to solve. Wizard said they did not made a black lotus token because they never name token the same name as a card but they broke their rules in the same set. roll
It means that all properties of a card moved from the card name to the cards printing. So when we filter things to find cards legal in different format or by color the token will show up.

In the inventory it  show on different line but the token has the properties of the card. So the timeless dragon token show with the wrong type, power and toughness and with a mana cost.  One of the worst side is that if I search for type token with timeless dragon it show zero lines while there is two in my inventory.  Another error is that if I search for common cards timeless dragon will show up because the token is common

the card database show as the same line. An option in filter might try to separate them.

In the card when we select the token printing right now it show the rule printing of the card

Could you just make a tag called "Etched", like the foils. I have put mine as altered art for now to keep track of the etched versions.