Topic: Proxy tag support in decks; Fixed price sorting in decks

* fixed sorting by price (or edition) in decks, in cases where the printing is explicitly set, or when printing is matched from the inventory
* added a special case for the #proxy tag on cards in decks. When present, the value displayed is $0.00 (also they do not count for total deck value). (tags are set by using the hashtag notation in public or private notes on cards).

Re: Proxy tag support in decks; Fixed price sorting in decks

Thanks, Sebi!

Not sure how one would affect the other, but since this update, I'm not seeing the red highlight over cards I don't have in a deck anymore.
Is this intentional? (Hoping not, as I found that REALLY helpful).

Thanks!

~S~

Very possible that i introduced a bug. Looking into it.

Much appreciated!

~S~

Fixed now.

Thank you Sebi!  This fixed sorting is something that will definitely help.

Is it possible to apply this sorting to Trades as well?

https://jmp.sh/z0gM7YoJ+/GIF+Recording+2023-02-21+at+12.53.14+PM.gif

When we have large trades, I'm sure a lot of us would like different ways of sorting than just alphabetical.

The trade above has 60+ cards in it.  I sort my trade library by Set, so an ability to reorder this now that you fixed the set order bug would make pulling these cards so much easier and less prone to error.

Thank you!

Thank you for introducing Proxy support! Though I am confused about how to implement it. How can I place notes on cards in inventory/decks using text? I assumed it would be an icon in the dropdown like Foil, Misprint, Artist Proof, Promo, etc.

Also somewhat related, prior to this change we could select a custom card in a deck and provide no information on set, condition, language, etc. Now when no information is provided it defaults to a specific set. Could this functionality be returned to previous allowing no information to be provided (other than possibly that the card is a proxy, thus not part of any actual set)?

@AuspSqueekyToday, click the down arrow like you're going to move to sideboard...then click notes. Post the hashtag in there.

Great feature!
Could you also add the tag on the "in your decks" section of the card page?

Thank you for explaining how to add the #proxy tag! Sebi, thank you again for implementing this functionality as it provides the first half of what I was hoping for. Since I personally use proxies mostly because I prefer the art to that of the original card, it would be awesome to be able to actually add proxies to inventory. While I certainly don't expect you to add another version of every card in the database to allow for a proxy "set", it would be handy to be able to deselect a set entirely for a card in inventory/decks, and flag it "proxy" with the foil/signed/artist proof/etc dropdown to achieve the same functionality of setting the price to zero in inventory.

If that were implemented, those cards could simply be added to a deck directly as proxies, and pictures of their art could be uploaded to allow the mouse-over functionality when browsing the deck here on Deckbox.

Thank you again, Sebi, for entertaining my wishes for site improvements, and for all that you do!

cepragassen wrote:

Added now.

AuspSqueeky wrote:

it would be awesome to be able to actually add proxies to inventory.

Hmm, will think about this. This made me think about Altered Art cards too. If users tag cards they own as Altered Art, the price being displayed is not the "correct" one, since I assume altered arts vary considerably and are valued way less than "pristine NM" versions. Anyway, this is possibly unrelated, it just got me thinking.

I do want to have tags in the inventory, and I am working on it. Did not consider a special "proxy" tag would be interesting though, didn't think many people have large amounts of proxies that they carefully want to track, outside of in decks... But maybe I'm wrong?

ZombieSleeve wrote:

Yeah, the trade page and the "intersection" listing that you see when visiting another user's profile both need some sorting options soon. It's on the list!

sebi wrote:
ZombieSleeve wrote:

Yeah, the trade page and the "intersection" listing that you see when visiting another user's profile both need some sorting options soon. It's on the list!

The addition of [if in another trade] has been super helpful! If you're updating this anyway, an indicator of if something is in your wishlist, or especially if it's a "loose match" being offered in the trade.

Recently I've seen a rise of trades being offered (and me accepting) where the card offered in the trade is not exactly the version in my wishlist - usually this is just foiled, when I only wanted non-foil.  Having a marker in trades that shows if it's in another trade, and if it's in your wishlist (or loosely matched) would really help with a lot of the multi-tab trade building that goes on now.

Thanks for your reception to our feedback, and keep up the great work!

sebi wrote:
cepragassen wrote:

Added now.

AuspSqueeky wrote:

it would be awesome to be able to actually add proxies to inventory.

Hmm, will think about this. This made me think about Altered Art cards too. If users tag cards they own as Altered Art, the price being displayed is not the "correct" one, since I assume altered arts vary considerably and are valued way less than "pristine NM" versions. Anyway, this is possibly unrelated, it just got me thinking.

I do want to have tags in the inventory, and I am working on it. Did not consider a special "proxy" tag would be interesting though, didn't think many people have large amounts of proxies that they carefully want to track, outside of in decks... But maybe I'm wrong?

for example I own 1 mana Cyrpt and 4 proxies. it would be nice to be able to open the mana crypt card and see which deck i have the real one in right away as well as planning which deck has the proxy for going to events. just my 2 cents