Topic: Welcome Forum Posts

Hey Traders,

This is a Welcome Post thread that we can use for new members.

If you are new to the Group, I encourage you to make a New Post - introduce yourself, and tell us what your set completion goals are.

Here's an Example, I'll post for myself:

Hey All,

I'm Chad - I'm based out of the US (Wisconsin) and also part-time in the Netherlands.

I've been playing Magic actively since 2016, but played in middle school from '94-96. I'm a victim of a garage sale mother though, so my whole collection from that time got snapped up for a few $ while I was in college!

I started a company in 2019 called Alter Sleeves and now work on M:tG stuff every day for work. You can check out our site at www.AlterSleeves.com

I mostly play Commander now and even stream regularly on Twitch.TV/MythicGamingTV

As for Set Completion, I'm finishing a complete singleton collection of all non-foil booster sets (inc. Master Sets) as well as all the non-reprint Commander cards from each Commander edition.  With the ever-growing number of variants in recent sets I've generally avoided the special foil-only sets unless they are cheap to trade for.

• I've completed SOI - present, with only a few odds/ends for special printings

• I'm now working backward, with a goal of stopping once I complete all modern frame sets

• I'm also actively trying to get unique art promos, but they're not a high priority because some are just so expensive, so it's more of a trade filler

• I've recently started picking up sets of Art Cards.  I plan to use these at events for signatures from artists

I'd love to make some big trades with you, especially that help us both hit big set completion goals.  Hit me up, especially after a new set drops to get a big trade for missing pieces!

ZombieSleeve Wish List

ZombieSleeve Haves List

Thanks for dropping stopping by! Feel free to add me on Twitter

Re: Welcome Forum Posts

I welcome a try to revive this group.  Looking at the number of view for the posts, it looks like there is just going to be a small group of us for a while.  I'll go stick a link to the group in my profile as well.

I'm Paul and I've been collecting Magic since 1994, but starting as a poor college student meant that I never got any P9.  I'm going for a complete sets of all of the base versions (non-foil, non-showcase, etc.) of each set.  Right now I'm not getting any all-reprint sets like the Masters sets.  I have the major expansions from Legends to Theros Beyond Death complete, minus some of the base sets, beginner sets (missing Imperial Seal) and a few other cards.  I'm not great about posting my cards for trade, so I always have more to offer than my Tradelist says.  I'm hoping to finish up Unlimited (minus the P9), Arabian Nights (minus Bazaar) and Antiquities (minus Workshop) within the next couple years.

Re: Welcome Forum Posts

psrex wrote:

I welcome a try to revive this group.  Looking at the number of view for the posts, it looks like there is just going to be a small group of us for a while.  I'll go stick a link to the group in my profile as well.

I'm Paul and I've been collecting Magic since 1994, but starting as a poor college student meant that I never got any P9.  I'm going for a complete sets of all of the base versions (non-foil, non-showcase, etc.) of each set.  Right now I'm not getting any all-reprint sets like the Masters sets.  I have the major expansions from Legends to Theros Beyond Death complete, minus some of the base sets, beginner sets (missing Imperial Seal) and a few other cards.  I'm not great about posting my cards for trade, so I always have more to offer than my Tradelist says.  I'm hoping to finish up Unlimited (minus the P9), Arabian Nights (minus Bazaar) and Antiquities (minus Workshop) within the next couple years.

Hey Paul! Thanks for joining in. Would love to help you out with some of your standard set needs.  Feel free to check my wants and see if you have anything not listed in your haves.  Have lots of dupes from post-TBD that I'd be happy to bundle up for you.