Topic: A whole new collection plan...

I'm so exhausted with the never-ending sets (and Master sets)being released non-stop by Wizards.  While I had originally tried to do a Modern Frame singleton collection, I find that I'm just getting so many duplicates of the same cards and especially expensive staples. As such I completely re-did my collection and wants, and have put a ton of my dupes up for trade.

If you want to help close out some of my needs, I ask you check my haves:

https://deckbox.org/sets/1462936?s=i&o=d and my wants:

https://deckbox.org/sets/1462937?s=m&o=d

I'd love to work out some big trades but would like to keep the approximate values similar (at least for the >$10 haves)

Re: A whole new collection plan...

I've been on the fence about this same issue, Chad - Keeping up with all the sets, especially with all of the new variants, has just become exhausting (For both my wallet and my mental state). TBH, I miss the old block format and release schedule, and wish to god that they'd go back to it.

Hit me up if I have anything you need. I'll let you know if I start dismantling sets.

~S~

I strictly collect, and trying to keep up with the release schedule is just not feasible, so I stopped trying to. What I ended up doing was creating an Excel of all the sets I want to complete, then choosing one at random and just have fun going after that single target. Not only is the random nature kind of fun, but it allowed me to inject some much needed joy back into collecting. The best part is releasing myself from any sort of pressure to try and keep up. Everything is cratering these days, nothing’s safe, so I just needed to prioritize other aspects of why I love Magic. I hope everyone can find a pathway that allows them to keep moving forward.

SengirHellLord wrote:

I strictly collect, and trying to keep up with the release schedule is just not feasible, so I stopped trying to. What I ended up doing was creating an Excel of all the sets I want to complete, then choosing one at random and just have fun going after that single target. Not only is the random nature kind of fun, but it allowed me to inject some much needed joy back into collecting. The best part is releasing myself from any sort of pressure to try and keep up. Everything is cratering these days, nothing’s safe, so I just needed to prioritize other aspects of why I love Magic. I hope everyone can find a pathway that allows them to keep moving forward.

Well said.

~S~

i was in the same ish boat, but i just buylist 3 of my foiled out super blinged decks, because they kept losing value. I think im only gonna keep about 8 EDH decks,  and keep foil waifu arts, and collect the anime alt arts. Its honestly crazy with the current policies. I had a foiled Shirei deck with amonkhet invocation foils 8th edition grave pact foil, dictate of erebos, phyrexian altar, etc and just reprints killed the value of even old foils.

Ooof.  That's rough ShadowRose - I'm glad to hear you and the others are all finding a way to make it work.

I really respect your plan SengirHellLord - my inner completionist just cannot imagine random sets but I love it conceptually.

Ooof.  That's rough ShadowRose - I'm glad to hear you and the others are all finding a way to make it work.

I really respect your plan SengirHellLord - my inner completionist just cannot imagine random sets but I love it conceptually.