Re: New feature: Deck - Collection matching (and more)

Would it be possible to have a small search bar for basic lands in the "Owned (Inventory)" dropdown?
Those like me that are thorough with basic lands in their collections can have a hundred different sets and conditions for a given basic land, it makes it hard to find in the list.

Thanks!

Post's attachments

Clipboard01.png 63.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

sebi wrote:

I have added back the dropdown next to the card details, removing the "Matching" submenu. It seems the change has been confusing for many. I have tried to not have it as a simple caret icon but with a text & color showing what the card is matched to (inventory/wishlist/custom/default).

I changed the column colors for inventory count and wishlist count back to just always be green and yellow, messing with that has been also confusing. Reverted.

The deck count should be red again now when the count is larger than the sum of the card (over all printings) in inv + wish.

Not sure if this addressed my issue about the sub-menus... I wish that instead of having to click on "Basic Card" first, we could go directly to the desired filters (e.g. Rules Text), as we could do before the latest update?

Thanks for considering my request! smile

sebi wrote:
mwl wrote:

This is an interesting and complex change, wow! While I'm still getting used to it, some initial thoughts:

1. There should be a "Add a new row for this card" like feature that splits the row, i.e., subtract one from count of the existing row. That'd make it easier to associate cards in a deck with their respective collection copies when going from idea to built deck.
2. Exporting decklists should collapse multiple entries for a card into one. Judges don't care that some of my cards are EX, others are NM, it's not even reflected in the text export/decklist. This may have been a problem before but since I always use the same printing/language for a card in a deck, and didn't care about the selected condition (see also below), I may just never have noticed.
3. It is not possible to revert from a specific printing to the default one. It counts as a custom printing, including showing the yellow highlight. I have 17 Archaeomancers, and the row reverted to "default" claims that I don't have enough of the card in this specific printing, probably because all of them have set and language defined.
4. It would be nice to get back the red indicator for not owning enough of a card in any printing / all versions combined. That's different from having to improvise wrt printings to a significant enough degree to get a separate indicator IMO.
5. Language, set, version, all are more significant for deck building than condition, but it's still useful to track condition for cards when my expensive cards differ there. In particular for premodern or legacy decks I have old cards in multiple wildly different conditions, but otherwise (language, set) identical. Needing up to four rows to correctly reflect this in a built deck seems unnecessary, especially when I own exactly as many as I put in a deck. Perhaps the UI could be streamlined for this case, so internally it's still 4 entries/"rows", but it only shows as one, perhaps with a more complex Edition column?

Will think more about 1. and 5.. Waiting to see if any other users also mention similar wishes, before changing this.

2,3,4 should be fixed now.

I would very much like to see #1. That's my primary use case for "add new row for this card."

Hey there, I’ve been a long time user of the site for my collection because I love the easy way to get the cards into the sets that we have. I haven’t been on in a while due to some mental health stuff going on but I wanted to reorganize our cards

I noticed the update with the set organization was moved from the button next to the details column to a carrot next to the name of the card with a drop down. Is that the new version? The details button was so intuitive but I can figure out the carrot if this is the decided way to go - the original button was a simple click and go that I loved when I used the site a while ago

Keep up the good work and I love how this site is, if it is sticking with the carrot that’s fine I just wanted to make sure before I had to wrap my brain around it. I’m not sure how long it’s been this carrot, since it’s been a while since I’ve been on the site