Re: Upcoming features

Fatecreatr wrote:

I would like to see some functionality to help me keep track of what I loan out.

You could do like i do, create a new deck per person with those cards in a Lend folder smile

So what is the progress on this? 2 years later.

Progress status is that other things got in the way smile. It's still something we want to do though. So slowly but surely, it's coming smile

sebi wrote:

Mobile interface

No more printing tradelists or wishlists to take with you to FNM or your local store! Deckbox lists will be on your phone tongue

Please say there will be one for blackberry...I could kiss you if that were to be true!

So, things that would be useful to add.

Price listed anywhere in the tables of the actual card you added, not necessarily the cheapest price of all the versions.

Or, if you can't do that, when you click on a card and you get the cards on profile, if you click on the different versions, it should update the price for that.

Both these features are useful for say, promo vs normal prices, or Alpha vs 4th edition prices.

Thanks.

Could limiting by deck price be added to the advanced search option?

nightride wrote:

will windows phone 7 get some love? big_smile

I'm using the (as of this writing) current version of Windows 7 phone on a Nokia Lumia 710.  While a mobile-specific site would be great, I find I can use the site--as it is--quite well.  The newest version of  Windows 7 phone does a great job with zooming to column width (just double-tap a column), and it makes general zooming in and out easy.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I'd really like to be able to specify which editions and quality etc of my cards are in my deck. For example my modern decks all use new card face reprints but my legacy decks prefer the old card face. So I have collections of both types in my inventory, but no way on the site to see which go into which deck. Just bringing over what already exists in inventory control to deck control would do it.

-ZATZAi

Just curious if you were planning on making a streamlined mobile interface or actual phone apps?
And or if you got any API support.

Depending on how far out you are on a 'mobile/app interface' I might hack something together on my own in lieu, OS to the community of course.

I just started using this site, but I immediately notice a huge problem with "inventory". I need a way to really specify exact quality of my cards by edition, if they're foiled/promo and/or signed.

Also, the "price" link is definitely off because it lists whatever it wants. I would rather it show the price of the actual Edition of the card listed (otherwise it's disingenuous for possible traders wanted to devalue your cards). I don't mind having to have a separate entry for each edition of a card I own as long as the prices match.

Most importantly though is that "Promo" be a type of "Edition" for a card, then have the different types be Foiled/Textless. Promo needs to be removed from "Properties" (become an Edition) and you can then slide "Signed" in as another type of "Property". Some players like Foreign/Signed while others loathe them. It would make searching and/or trading easier if you could easily know ahead of time what the cards were specifically.

For now, it's working great, but the specifics of the cards should be a #1 Priority here. I also don't think it would be that hard to implement the Promo and Signed changes, and they changes would definitely makes functionality of the site improve for me.

The last thing I would add is: If you add cards to your trade list and it's the total number of cards that are available on your list, then can it automatically "check" them in the Advanced settings? If I decide to trade 1 cards of 3, then yeah, I need to specify which one, but if I'm trading 3 of 3, then it'd be great if it auto-checked them. Really helps because it shows the set icon on the trade list (as well as foil/etc).

Thanks!

Don

Last edited by qasur (2012-03-13 03:51:18)

Hey quasur,

Thanks for the feedback. The edition / card details handling we are working on right now, so by next week there should be a much improved inventory ui tongue.

I'm not sure about the Promo handling yet, but the additional additional properties like signed are definitely coming.

Hello,  just started using the site a couple weeks ago and thus far it is great.  One thing that I think would be not too complicated to add that would be very helpful is either a separate line-item/listing when I enter a foil version of a card into my inventory, or to somehow mark the quantity next to the foil symbol if they have to be combined line items.

For example - I enter that I have 1 foil Birds of Paradise from m12, then I enter that I have 2 more birds of paradise from m12 that are not foil.  The inventory currently combines those into one line, saying I have 3 Birds of Paradise, and displays the foil symbol, but I don't see any indication that only 1 of them are foil. 

thanks!

qasur wrote:

Also, the "price" link is definitely off because it lists whatever it wants. I would rather it show the price of the actual Edition of the card listed (otherwise it's disingenuous for possible traders wanted to devalue your cards). I don't mind having to have a separate entry for each edition of a card I own as long as the prices match.

Most importantly though is that "Promo" be a type of "Edition" for a card, then have the different types be Foiled/Textless. Promo needs to be removed from "Properties" (become an Edition) and you can then slide "Signed" in as another type of "Property". Some players like Foreign/Signed while others loathe them. It would make searching and/or trading easier if you could easily know ahead of time what the cards were specifically.

I second this, the most (really only) annoying thing for me is to have the price of all my foils listed at their non foil price, or have all versions for which I have multiple editions of a card listed at the same price.

Another nitpicky thing: I use the export feature so I can use this list on other trading forums, and for my foreign cards, I'd prefer to have it output 'Japanese' or 'Chinese' in English rather than those words written in their respective languages. Maybe have an option to have everything output in whatever language the user speaks?

That said, great work, I've been looking for a tool like this for a while, and I can't wait to see the mobile version

Sundodger wrote:

Maybe have an option to have everything output in whatever language the user speaks?

^ This, and not only for export, but for the site as a whole. I do have some foreign cards I have acquired from some repacks and such over the years, and trying to locate them to add them to my collection can be difficult.

Last edited by MMJuno (2012-03-30 13:42:51)

Sundodger wrote:

I second this, the most (really only) annoying thing for me is to have the price of all my foils listed at their non foil price, or have all versions for which I have multiple editions of a card listed at the same price.

Another nitpicky thing: I use the export feature so I can use this list on other trading forums, and for my foreign cards, I'd prefer to have it output 'Japanese' or 'Chinese' in English rather than those words written in their respective languages. Maybe have an option to have everything output in whatever language the user speaks?

That said, great work, I've been looking for a tool like this for a while, and I can't wait to see the mobile version

The price-per-edition we're currently fixing, should be ready in the next few weeks, card valuation should be considerably easier and better. Sadly we don't have prices for foils separately from tcgplayer, so foils will be still listed at the same price as non-foils for the time being. We have ideas for fixing that but it will take some time...

The language observation is good, and we shall change language names to english.

Any word on the inventory fix? I've got 6,000+ cards to put in and i need to be able to specify the edition when importing them.

I'd love to be able to utilize this site!

Is it possible to get an answer to when we can expect the import feature to be improved? Is this site still being developed and upgraded?

atomicashes wrote:

Any word on the inventory fix? I've got 6,000+ cards to put in and i need to be able to specify the edition when importing them.

You can already do that mostly. When you go to the Add Cards option, pick the coloured circle tab, which lets you pick the edition, language, condition and a few other thigns about the card. While there are still some things you can't do, and not all promo cards are in the database yet, it's more than suitable for an average collection.

That feature seems to be for adding one card at a time. Not for hundreds or thousands.

atomicashes wrote:

That feature seems to be for adding one card at a time. Not for hundreds or thousands.

Ah right, fair enough. If you want to quickly add a whole lot of cards, it can take quite a while. I spent months on and off adding my collection to the site.

There has been talk of adding a feature where you can specift edition/condition/etc when you add multiple cards at once. Not sure when it'll happen, but the idea keeps being thrown around.

IronGuardian wrote:

You can already do that mostly. When you go to the Add Cards option, pick the coloured circle tab, which lets you pick the edition, language, condition and a few other thigns about the card. While there are still some things you can't do, and not all promo cards are in the database yet, it's more than suitable for an average collection.

Will it be possible to link to specific editions of a card using the forum tooltips 'card' and 'deck' services? smile

Last edited by Mus (2012-04-20 08:29:59)

Mus wrote:

Will it be possible to link to specific editions of a card using the forum tooltips 'card' and 'deck' services? smile

Yes it will, in the next version smile Not sure yet how you have to write the card name with the edition near it, but probably something like

Birds of Paradise | Alpha Edition 

Any idea when the next version will be coming out?

sebi wrote:
Mus wrote:

Yes it will, in the next version smile Not sure yet how you have to write the card name with the edition near it, but probably something like

Birds of Paradise | Alpha Edition 

I would ask for the 3 letter codes... Rather than spelling out the entire name. e.g. INN/AVR

Sebi, this could be your next feature (work in progress):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/149880/shot.png

The shot presents my actual inventory. Yeah, it's crude, but it's my side project I intend to get to the App Store.

PM me, please -- we need to talk legal stuff :-)

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile