Re: Paul woods: scammer or just a deadbeat?

asmodeanreborn wrote:

Man, is it just me, or are people rather heartless with somebody who's likely been completely screwed over and is still willing to make things right just out of his pocket?

I apologize if I seemed cold. Everyone involved got screwed over and emotions were running high. I just wanted to clear up some details. Again, I apologize if I came off as cold, heartless, frustrated.....

I appreciate that he is making things right, and that restores my faith in humanity.

asmodeanreborn wrote:

Man, is it just me, or are people rather heartless with somebody who's likely been completely screwed over and is still willing to make things right just out of his pocket?

I have no hard feelings towards derek. My initial posts were for whoever got a hold of his account and made these trades. I honestly appreciate his effort in making things right for everyone including me.

dollabillplz wrote:
asmodeanreborn wrote:

I have no hard feelings towards derek. My initial posts were for whoever got a hold of his account and made these trades. I honestly appreciate his effort in making things right for everyone including me.

I feel the same way and I have taken down his address.

Well, maybe it was just me then smile

And I agree, it's nice that he wants to set things right.

If he makes good on it than I hope the community will acknowledge that and praise him for taking responsibility for his account.  This whole system is based on trust and there can be little to no tolerance with people who destroy that trust because it will break the system down.  No one likes a con man and its not like we can sue or drive over and get our cards back. 

Derek seems to be doing his best and I think his offer is quite reasonable.  Sending the cards back is a fair offer since thats really all anyone can expect given a bad trade.

mbknight wrote:

If he makes good on it than I hope the community will acknowledge that and praise him for taking responsibility for his account.  This whole system is based on trust and there can be little to no tolerance with people who destroy that trust because it will break the system down.  No one likes a con man and its not like we can sue or drive over and get our cards back. 

Derek seems to be doing his best and I think his offer is quite reasonable.  Sending the cards back is a fair offer since thats really all anyone can expect given a bad trade.

Amen

I would suggest he find out who the bastard is that did this. It seems that it is someone close to him, roomate or friend, and if they are willing to steal using his name who knows what else they could have/are stealing from him in other ways.

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb.

Hey I made a trade with you. I sent a Stoneforge Mystic, Devastation Tide, Entreat The Angels, and Temporal Mastery for 4x Phantasmal Images. I have the trade open on my account and the delivery confirmation number if you want it confirmed. I am just really looking for my cards back. I would like a messenger but that is probably too much for delivery. I keep looking.

These are going out in the mail in the morning.  I just need the address for the person that needs the images but other then that these are good to go. I think I have attempted to make people happy.  http://imgur.com/vZFhF

dirkmer wrote:

These are going out in the mail in the morning.  I just need the address for the person that needs the images but other then that these are good to go. I think I have attempted to make people happy.  http://imgur.com/vZFhF

Thanks Derek!

i mailed cards for 3 people today just to let you all know

I just found this thread when I was searching for your name.  I sent out a Temporal Mastery for 2 Phantasmal Images.  I sent your new account a trade like this too.

I am returning and have returned cards or compensating anyone whos cards i received or those who sent a trade and had delivery confirmation and the cards were intercepted in the mail.  The cards I received were a trade for a seachrome and a glacial falls, and a trade for a foil cavern of souls and a wolfir silverheart.  I returned both those trades, along with compensating another 2 trades that i did not receive the cards but the trader had confirmation of delivery.

if I were you, I'd be taking the trouble you've had to go through due to some dipsh*t taking your account out on said dipsh*t...you've done a great job of trying to make it right by people.  Good onya!