Topic: There should be a deckbox.org online version!

I just thought of this and I have no idea why it doesn't exist yet. I'd love a place that is nearly identical to this site, but you upload your MTGO collection instead. You could make decks and search for cards just like here, and prices would be pulled from mtgotraders.com. Then people couldalso trade just like here. Send out a proposal and once an offer is accepted you both just log into your mtgo account and set up a trade!

I wish I could send this to whoever is in charge of Deckbox but I couldn't find a "contact" link anywhere. If anyone out there can do anything about this, I would be more than happy for you to take my idea and run with it. I ask for nothing in return other than a great site for MTGO collection tracking and trading smile

Last edited by grodytoadie (2012-06-07 18:45:35)

Re: There should be a deckbox.org online version!

I'm not seeing where what you've proposed isn't already incorporated into this site.  You can enter your inventory here, make decks, search for cards, prices are already pulled from tgcplayer, you can setup trades, and then when agreed trade through the site (it even changes your inventory automatically when the trade is finished).

So what exactly does your "deckbox.org online" do that isn't already here?

just make a 2nd account that only has your MTGO cards.   maybe have something in the name to distinguish it so whenever anyone finds it they can easily distinguish it from the regular card one.

How about a simple feature on this site that gives you the option to use mtgo pricing for trades instead, as well as adding MTGO as a choice for card description?  Only issue there is there makes the fact that you cannot see card edition on the trade screen more prevalent than ever.

TyWooOneTime wrote:

I'm not seeing where what you've proposed isn't already incorporated into this site.  You can enter your inventory here, make decks, search for cards, prices are already pulled from tgcplayer, you can setup trades, and then when agreed trade through the site (it even changes your inventory automatically when the trade is finished).

So what exactly does your "deckbox.org online" do that isn't already here?

A few problems... first, prices for cards online are vastly different than paper prices. For example, Snapcaster on MTGO is a $7 card. There are some commons such as Hymn to Tourach that are $5 cards.

Also, people will be offering you paper trades for your online cards not realizing they are your online cards unless they visit your profile page (where I assume you'd make the disclaimer). This could cause a lot of confusion and wasted time.

Another problem would be finding other people who have uploaded their online collection to make trades with.

It could easily be incorporated into this site by making a few simple changes (change the settings to list either TCG or MTGOtraders prices, and make it easy to search for other people with online inventories), but as it stands it would not work.

mbknight wrote:

just make a 2nd account that only has your MTGO cards.   maybe have something in the name to distinguish it so whenever anyone finds it they can easily distinguish it from the regular card one.

My point wasn't just to track my collection, as that is easily done on MTGO itself. The point is to track the value of cards you have and find others to trade with. It's very hard to do those as it stands.

ah, sucks to be you ;p   REAL CARDS ALL THE WAY!

I see the error in my ways to begin with, as I simply assumed that an online/electronic version of the game would track your cards automatically.

I'm with mbknight on this, just go get the real cards (going outside and actually seeing other people is good for you wink ).

I did this: http://deckbox.org/users/TheWorldHatesPaul_on_MTGO

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

TyWooOneTime wrote:

I see the error in my ways to begin with, as I simply assumed that an online/electronic version of the game would track your cards automatically.

I'm with mbknight on this, just go get the real cards (going outside and actually seeing other people is good for you wink ).

It does track your cards but it doesn't tell you the value and it's extremely difficult to find people to trade with (at least when there are specific cards you're looking for).

I never said I only play online (not sure where you guys got that idea). I play paper too and have a decent collection of paper cards for trade on here (http://deckbox.org/sets/107218). I was just saying I'd like to have the same convenience for trading online cards as we have for paper cards. I guess I made the mistake in assuming many others on here play IRL and online like me and would enjoy this feature just as much.

oh i understood you play real and online. just saying real is all you SHOULD be playing.    if you want to play on the computer then get diablo 3 or something, or get an xbox.  if your goign to spend four bucks on a pack get a real one! Magic is fun but you should think about branching out more, maybe a nice sports game, or call of duty.

No I am not seriously against mtgo.