Topic: What Deckbox is Missing

The following reasons are why I don't use Deckbox for serious trading or management:

The Dealbreakers:
1. The pricing per set seems to be based on the latest printing of a card, or seemingly - sometimes, a random one. I have 56 Alpha/Beta Islands in my collection. They are worth a slight bit more than what's coming up. About 800% of what's actually showing up.

2. Foil pricing. Add this. It's not really a request. More of a command. It's ridiculous that there aren't foil prices. Now, is this a byproduct of TCG's API? Maybe. In that case, stop using them. Otherwise, at the very least pull prices for foils from somewhere else like Ark42 or something: http://ark42.com/mtg/pricelist.php?f=1

The Quality of Life stuff:
1. Unfortunately, TCG does precisely nothing with foreign cards. This isn't really obnoxious for new stuff as people can just look at StarCity, but for cases where the foreign cards outnumbered English cards - specifically P3K and Legends - the pricing here is obnoxious. I have an English and Italian Tabernacle in my collection. I'm willing to trade either under the right conditions, but am not willing to put either up for trade as the pricing is dead wrong due to the difference in languages.

2. I'd like to show my tradelist without showing my collection. Why can't I seem to do this. If I can, where is this option?

There's more, but these are the big ones.

Last edited by dark_confidant (2012-06-18 22:02:37)

Re: What Deckbox is Missing

Hahahaha

More of a command! Excellent first post! lol

Well, get on it, Sebi! It's a command! lol

I really like this site for trades. However, I think that one item that would be great here is an "on/off" trading button for each account's mainpage. When you go on vacation or are out of town you can switch it to "off" and have some sort of a little red light or something show on your page when someone visits it letting them know you are not currently trading.

I think this would also be great with an automatic shutoff for inactive accounts (for example: Logged in today...green light, Logged in the last two weeks...yellow light, not logged in for more than two weeks...red light). Then traders like me won't waste our time setting up trades with players who have gone inactive and then sit and wait for a couple weeks wondering if they are going to respond.

I don't think the current system is sensible to put the "reported as inactive or unreliable trader" together in one function.

Anyhow, I think it would streamline trading for all of us and personally it would make me VERY happy big_smile

Thanks!

Icarus:  You already can see the last time someone was on by going to their profile page and hovering your mouse cursor over the little silhouette looking thing next to their name.  It should pull up their last login date.

Ooh TyWooOneTime, that is good to know. Thanks for the info! I think it would be great if the little man were color-coded though, it would make things even better.

Oh I totally agree a color coding or something more recognizable would be great.  At current it turns blue if the person is online, but otherwise, yeah, that's about all there is.

This site was just what I was looking for in having my inventory of cards to either trade or make decks. Being fairly new I havent found much to it that i couldnt work around but my suggestion on this topic is having the wishlist show the exact card your looking for; be it foil, promo, or full art. I just know that if I look at profile of someone and they have a card on my wishlist, I have to scroll through the wishlist to see if its foil, promo, full art, or possibly foreign. It would help other identify what people are looking for. Granted it means people will need to detail the inventory alittle but it should help in the long run...

Great suggestions. We're adding last login to a more prominent position. Also the tradelist / wishlist intersection is getting some love in the next update.

I may just be missing where this is, as I'm new to this site.  But to go along with an updated trade list / wishlist interaction could you implement something similar this (or tell me where it is if it is already there):

When you search for a card it currently shows 7 users who have the card in their tradelist.  It would be nice to be able to expand that to show more than 7 per page.  As well, it would be nice to be able to show the $$ value of what they have in their tradelist as well as the $$ value of what you have in your own tradelist instead of having to click on each user, and their feedback / number of trades.  This is already shown when you click on the user, but it's kinda tedious to check through 20 people and see that what you have for trade is not what they are looking for.  As well, it would be nice to be able to sort this expanded list by $$ for both you have and they have, and feedback.

One thing I think needs to be added in the trade system...when you go onto a person's profile page, it shows what cards each party has on the other party's wish list.  This is a great feature, but if I list a foil card on my wanted list, and they have a non-foil version, the card still shows up.  I can live with this, but at the very least is there a way to show that they have at least one foil on this list without actually having to call up their full trade list?  If not, there probably should be.

sebi wrote:

Great suggestions. We're adding last login to a more prominent position. Also the tradelist / wishlist intersection is getting some love in the next update.

Any idea on when that update will be?

I'm still waiting on the mass import (with card edition) upgrade.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

It appears that Korean isn't one of the choices for language? MTG has been printed in korean again for almost a year now, any idea when this could be implimented?

Site seems very helpful though, keep up the good work.