Topic: How do I contact an admin or a mod ?

I haven't seen anything here that explains how to do so. I got ripped off and would like to report a bad trader, I understand that there isn't anything they can do about my stolen cards, but I have seen warnings on peoples profiles that they're untrustworthy and you should make them send 1st if you trade with them at all.

Re: How do I contact an admin or a mod ?

pipdickenz wrote:

I haven't seen anything here that explains how to do so. I got ripped off and would like to report a bad trader, I understand that there isn't anything they can do about my stolen cards, but I have seen warnings on peoples profiles that they're untrustworthy and you should make them send 1st if you trade with them at all.

Disclosure: I am NOT an admin.

I've not seen warnings on any profiles, but I have seen posts in different threads, warning other users to be wary of [user name].  I recommend posting one in the trade discussion thread for the game that was the subject of the trade.  Consider something along these lines (only a suggestion):

Subject: Bad Trade Alert: [User Name]

In the body, give a summary of what transpired.

• Tell us how much time has passed since the cards were expected. It should not ever be within a week of the listed send date. That's too soon. It could even take two weeks for cards to arrive. Those timeframes are assuming US to US delivery.  If dealing with someone outside the USA, it might take longer.

• Include dates.

• Paste the chat record from the trade into the body of the message.

• List all steps you have taken to resolve the issue (e.g., emailing, phone calls if you had the number).

• Include any other details you believe are relevant to the situation.

Also, as others have noted in other of your posts, you may be able to report the user for mail fraud.  Check with your local post office (or check the USPS website) if you have any questions on that option.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Bringing the discussion over from the other thread, since you decided to post a second one for some reason.....

pipdickenz wrote:

I see that some people's profiles have warnings that they're untrustworthy and you should always make them send first, this seems very much like something an admin or mod could do.I just haven't seen anyway to contact one.

In my case the guy never even marked his cards as shipped so I don't have the option to leave him negative feedback. Since at the time I had no feedback and he had ~13 I had to send first.

Pretty sure that has to do with the number of negative ratings that they have received, and not something that is manually done.

Just asking questions to get to the bottom of things.

• It looks like he has done several successful trades since your trade started, have you tried contacting him about it?  Did you get a response?

• If you sent first, then is he just waiting until he receives the cards before he sends?  If your cards got lost in the mail (I've seen it happen, several times), then obviously he would never receive them and would you really expect him to send his then?

• Do you have proof that your cards were sent and delivered?

Regardless of those answers, I do agree that there should be a way to report a trader who did rip you off without the need to "complete" the trade.

I posted in another forum in hopes that someone would give me a good answer

I pm'd him on reddit he *said* he had sent the cards out

It's been a month since the trade was made

he marked AND messaged on deckbox that he had received the cards, but didn't update that he had sent the cards, that's what makes me suspicious, since he never marked the cards as sent I can't give him negative feedback. He originally wanted to just do the trade through reddit and I insisted that it be through deckbox so I could get some feedback.

This isn't my first rodeo, I've been buying and selling cards online for a decade, I know there will be bumps along the way, I'm just frustrated that apparently I have no recourse at all.

Hey guys.

Warnings on user profiles (like this one: http://deckbox.org/users/GreyCr0ss) are indeed manually set by us.

I've also responded to the other thread, but I'll post here as well: send us an email at support@deckbox.org. If from your description it is obvious that your trade partner is scamming you, we will send him an email asking for an explanation. If he does not respond, we will mark his profile.

We do not over analyze situations, normal trade problems should be solved with a negative rating. Only in obvious cases we will mark a users' profile.

The next release we will add a "Report User" button to facilitate this kind of feedback, but we still do not plan to do detailed trade mediation, we hope the feedback system would take care of it. We also will put more details and information in the trade guidelines page.

sebi wrote:

Hey guys.

Warnings on user profiles (like this one: http://deckbox.org/users/GreyCr0ss) are indeed manually set by us.

The next release we will add a "Report User" button to facilitate this kind of feedback...

Sadly, nothing stops such a user from creating another user account and starting over, unless you guys have some magic mojo that is logging IP addresses or something.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.