Topic: Procedures for reporting a failed trade?

It's been three weeks. No contact. I've got DC that the cards were delivered. I never got my cards. I am a sad panda. Please help me.

Re: Procedures for reporting a failed trade?

If you can't get in touch with the other trader, I think you need to just email support@deckbox.org.

Last edited by ShoePolice (2012-09-20 18:34:35)

who was it?  A public shaming can help on here since I find most users know a few others outside of here.

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

As per the wishes of the admin of deckbox.org, no personal information will be posted on the forums without permission.

Deckbox.org currently has a flagging system for bad traders. Please email support@deckbox.org with the details of your trade and the user that you are having problems with. Your trading partner will be contacted and if he or she refuses to cooperate, the account will be publicly flagged as a bad trader.

I'm sorry that you had to run into a terrible trader sad

I'm not saying to slap their name and home address down, I'm just saying sharing not to trade with "SlipperyJim" or whoever might be a good idea.

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

please post the name of the trader.  That's not personal information.

darcet wrote:

I'm not saying to slap their name and home address down, I'm just saying sharing not to trade with "SlipperyJim" or whoever might be a good idea.

So long as names and addresses don't get involved, I see no problem with this.

As far as names go, some people have very unique names while others have very common names, so it can be too much identifying information or not useful at all. If we could keep it to usernames for now, that would be very much appreciated.

Some background:

-was my first trade
-Was not high-value
-the guy said he was moving. I know it can take some time before you get back up to speed with a move. However, this is 2012. Even if I am moving, I still have ways of checking email. Perhaps it is wrong for me to assume that he has a way to do this. Regardless, a quick note indicating that things aren't going according to plan will make me feel fine.

I suppose I am holding out hope that he will contact me and make it right.

What concerns me is that he has several trades worked out in varying degrees of completion. What is to stop him from getting some freebies and opening a new account? The reason I say this is because I have seen it happen before with other games and in other trading venues.

If I had known he was moving prior to the deal being completed, I would have postponed or cancelled the deal. (In a twist of irony, my internet is out and I am typing this response on my phone.)

However, until we hear more, I would highly suggest against opening trades with the user known as Yurf.

If convinced the other trader just grabbed the cards and is not honoring the agreement, you can contact your local post office and file a mail fraud complaint.  I would hold that out as a last resort, though.  Hopefully it is just an unexpected delay.  I hope you get the cards soon.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

thereij wrote:

It's been three weeks. No contact. I've got DC that the cards were delivered. I never got my cards. I am a sad panda. Please help me.

If the cards were delivered according to the DC, then wouldn't the most likely issue be that someone took them out of your mailbox? Or that they were delivered to a neighbor by mistake?

rfioren wrote:
thereij wrote:

If the cards were delivered according to the DC, then wouldn't the most likely issue be that someone took them out of your mailbox? Or that they were delivered to a neighbor by mistake?

He received the cards. The DC was for the cards I sent him.