Topic: Basic Land Values

I have noticed the TCG Avg value of basic lands is ranging from .70-$1.30 . I like keeping some lands in my inventory to fill out decks, but i do not like the effect it has on my total collection value. Is there a way to identify m13 lands or something new so they stay cheap instead of being inflated by older lands?

Re: Basic Land Values

Robert wrote:

I have noticed the TCG Avg value of basic lands is ranging from .70-$1.30 . I like keeping some lands in my inventory to fill out decks, but i do not like the effect it has on my total collection value. Is there a way to identify m13 lands or something new so they stay cheap instead of being inflated by older lands?

No, unfortunately it's an average of all editions.  This is something people have been mentioning for a while, not sure if there's an easy way to incorporate it though.

How about a setting (a checkbox) that allows the pricing to not include land pricing. Or to suggest a fixed land pricing. There's no reason to bother to look up the value of standard lands, is there?

One of the features requested is to grab prices by edition for all cards.
This should fix the issue of seemingly inflated land prices (dang full-art lands).

As a work-around, you can build a deck that consists of ALL of your lands, then subtract the deck value from your total inventory value.

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

corvair64 wrote:

This should fix the issue of seemingly inflated land prices (dang full-art lands).

It's actually the silly Guru lands which go for almost 100$ a piece since they're so rare, silly in my opinion but what can we do sad

This is a much better idea than mine! smile