Topic: Commander Aresenal thoughts

Personally seems like a waste of money to me from what I've seen in the spoilers.

Spoiler is here:
http://www.magicspoiler.com/commanders-arsenal/

I'm not a fan of super-sized commanders.
What happens if someone buries the commander?

Re: Commander Aresenal thoughts

I don't know anybody who likes the oversized commander cards, partially for the reason you mentioned - you have to have a regular version anyway, in case it gets thrown into your library with a Terminus or something.  And also, personally, it makes you look a bit pretentious.

As far as the regular cards go, I'm not really all that impressed thus far.  Some good cards, obviously, but nothing that would make me shell out $75 (or more, most likely).

Seems like a waste of money to me too.  Especially for the multiple hundreds of dollars that it appears to take to actually buy one.

The price seems whacked.  I won't bother.

I am, however, planning to purchase some of the Holiday Gift Box.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

loyal  retainers for 75 bucks seems like a deal

foxylicious wrote:

If you're just looking for the card and plan to make use of it, then yes, it is probably a deal.  But you can guarantee that it won't have anywhere near the value of the Portal Three Kingdoms one, so, in that way, $75 for it is probably a terrible deal.

NullParameter wrote:
foxylicious wrote:

If you're just looking for the card and plan to make use of it, then yes, it is probably a deal.  But you can guarantee that it won't have anywhere near the value of the Portal Three Kingdoms one, so, in that way, $75 for it is probably a terrible deal.

I think that 75$ for what youre getting isnt unreasonible, the total value is above 75$, but if you play casual EDH youre not going to spend 75$ on 20 cards in the first place

imsully2 wrote:

I think that 75$ for what youre getting isnt unreasonible, the total value is above 75$, but if you play casual EDH youre not going to spend 75$ on 20 cards in the first place

Oh right, I'm not necessarily saying that $75 is out of the question for the "value" of the entirety of it.  Hell, the foil Sylvan Library might go for half of that. 

But I also think they're also sending mixed messages.  In general, most casual players aren't going to go near this because they don't need a boat load of foils and gigantic useless cards, those are for collectors.  But those same collectors that are buying it will probably have no need for a life counter or special sleeves, because they already have all of that type of stuff.

Due to the fact that I think most casual players will view the majority of the box as just "cool factor" and not a necessity, they'll value the contents at less than $75.

Would prefer WOTC bring back the Premium deck series oppose to focusing on Gimmicky packages such as these.