Topic: Fast way to create inventory?

So I just discovered this tool. I have thousands of cards and I'm wondering if there's a fast way to enter them all rather than putting a whole bunch of 1s into 400 pages. For example, if I have an entire set is there some way for me to just click "Add entire 4th edition" for example?

Re: Fast way to create inventory?

Sadly, there isn't currently any way to just add an entire set.  The one thing you can do is to do a mass add based on a list of the set.
In your Inventory you can click the middle tab on the add box, to get to here:
http://i.imm.io/Ir3o.png

Copy/Paste in the list of cards from that set and click add.  Right now that is very basic though and it will just add the card, not any details about it (like the fact that it is from 4th edition).  The upcoming release should provide tools to make that type of mass adding even easier.  More details on that right here.

Furthermore, when everyone else is creating their inventory, do most take the time to select which edition and condition for each card? I have been.  Wish I could select many cards at once to make the same change.  Like in iTunes when you make a mass change to a title or whatnot.

Personally I didn't worry about edition and condition for my whole set as the majority of them are in nm/m condition and I could specify sets if people are looking for particular ones when trading.  It means people looking for promos/foils likely won't see what I have without asking; however, it saved me the time and trouble of entering all that added info (then again, I'm lazy wink ).

I think I found the fastest way to enter is to do an advanced card search by set.
Then just update the numbers from 0 to whatever you have for each card.

I like entering the details for the more expensive cards. I'm slowly going back through and entering details for all cards though, as I think they're supposed to be allowing for card prices by edition.

At any rate, numbers are quicker for me than typing and spell checking all the names.

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

I have just recently found this site and created a list of the cards I currently have. I'm just starting to get back into MtG after quitting playing in 2001. Entering the cards you have can be a bit time consuming...depending on how much info you want to supply. Using the mass up-loader is actually pretty easy. All you need is a card list and the quantity you have. I happened to have my card list in excel format which made it much easier. I just copied and pasted the list into the mass up-loader. You can also have it enter the quantity for each card when uploading. All you have to do is copy and paste the list then go back and enter the quantity for each card before the card name. Be sure to put a space between the card name and quantity. You want it to look like this:

3 Serra Angel
5 Boomerang
7 Dark Ritual

Once you have the list and quantity slotted. click the import button.

After that...you will have to manually enter the quantity of cards you have available for trade and any other info you want to show (Ie...which set, foil, promo. textless and condition).

It can be a bit time consuming but at least you have a complete list of your cards. One thing I hope they implement is the ability to sort by set.

Great job so far to the developers.